Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey L Evans

Please help me to understand PSR law

Jeffrey L Evans

Hello guys,

I am planning to start a molten metal business. My company will be providing raw steel for small garages that work with renovation and customization of vehicles. Since the Ministry of Labour enacted legislation to make Pre-Start Health And Safety Reviews mandatory in Ontario, I will need to seek the help of an engineering consulting firms in Ontario to help me with the safety standards. But, while going through the ministries website, I got totally confused. There is it mentioned that a PSR is not required if the protective element was installed at the time the apparatus. Here, what all comes under the term apparatus? And, what are the common provisions that deal with steel production? I know that sections 87.3, 87.4, 87.5, 88 etc deals with this matter. But, if someone could explain it in simple English, I will be really grateful to you. Thank you.

Dedré

@Jeffrey L Evans, have you tried to contact the Ministry to ask them? In most cases the government might actually get back to you. I don't want to promise, as I am just guessing here that they might. We have had to phone and email on several occasions, and have had success.

Link for contact information: HERE.