DocMartin

PR Applications submitted August/September 2018

DocMartin

Hi everyone

I am curious to know that the progress has been on PR applications (Express Entry) submitted in August/September 2018. Our timeline is as follows thus far:

27 July 2018: EE Profile submission

8 August 2018: ITA Received

23 August 2018: Medical exam and PR application submitted

29 August 2018: AOR received

13 September 2018: Application status update -> medicals passed

18 September 2018: Request for biometrics received

26 September 2018: Submission of biometrics

1 October 2018: Application status update -> biometrics complete

25 October 2018: Application status update -> Background check status - "We are processing your background check..."; Eligibility - "We are reviewing whether or not you meet the requirements"; Documentation - "Documentation received. No further documentation needed"; Interview - "No interview is required..."

Anyone with a similar timeline had any further progress?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Andrew and Tash

Hi DocMartin

Our timeline is quite similar (AoR - 5th Aug, request for biometrics - 8th Sep, submission of biometrics - 13th Sep)

We've been stuck on IP2 since then and waiting for any feedback. Our application status still has a comment which says "we haven't received your biometrics..." even though it shows at the top right that biometrics were submitted on 13th Sep.

I mailed them to confirm that they had actually received them, received a reply back  but haven't heard anything further since then.

I see from MyImmiTracker that there are approx. 760 cases registered for August AoR, of which about 110 have received PPR.

• Like 1

DocMartin

Thanks Andrew and Tash

I would imagine that, as long as your profile shows your biometric identifier number at the top, it is probably just their system which is slow to update your status. However, if your biometric identification number isn't on your profile, then perhaps bug the VFS centre again.

Seems that applications are moving slowly now...hopefully we'll hear something in December/Jan. I'll update this thread should I hear anything.

Best of luck guys!

• Like 1

AlexSA2C

Hi! We are 12 September applicants :) 

Here is our timeline:

7 March: Applied for police clearance
3 March: IELTS test (Main: L: 9, R: 8.5, W: 7.5, S: 9.0. Overall: 8.5.  Spouse: L: 8.5, R: 9.0, W: 7.0, S: 8.5. Overall: 8.5)
2 April: Got Main applicant WES
2 April: Submitted EE profile with 435 points
16 April: Recieved Police Clearance Certificates
22 May: Spouse WES completed
22 May: Updated score to 437
8 August: letter of interest from Nova Scotia
16 August: Submitted paperwork to Nova Scotia
17 August: AOR from Nova Scotia
24 August: Nomination (added 600 points)
05 September: ITA
12 September: AOR for EE
10 October: Medicals passed & request for biometrics 
17 October: biometrics submitted and marked completed.
24 November: Ghost update
25 November: 2nd Ghost update

Ever hopeful for PPR before Christmas!

• Like 1

Andrew and Tash

Hi All

I was just wondering whether anyone from Aug/Sep '18 AOR batches had any encouraging progress or had received any feedback lately?

Our AOR date is 5 August and we're still sitting on IP2. I see on ImmiTracker that there are a few South African cases registered from August but nobody yet reflected as having reveived PPR?

DocMartin

Hello

Unfortunately no news from our application either. Been on IP2 ("We are processing your background check...") since October. But I'm hopeful that it will still be completed within the 6 month window. And we have to be, because I will seriously snap if another family member asks how our Canada application is going😑😂

I ordered GCMS notes on 21 December last year, just to get an accurate report of our application's progress (given that the online profile is pretty useless at doing so). I should have them by the end of this month. 

ln general though (looking at immitracker) it looks to me that there have been very few South Africans with AoR from end of July onwards who have had theirs processed in less than 6 months...But all other nationalities don't seem to have any problem at all with theirs processed well before the 6 month mark. There must be something happening with IRCC with regards to SA applicants for us to all experience this. 

Anyway, looks like we'll just have to hold thumbs a little bit longer. 😢

Andrew and Tash

DocMartin

Good luck with the application and hope that you hear some good news soon.

It really does look on immitracker as though South African applications are particularly slow. It would be interesting to know if it's a deliberate thing or simply bad luck. Do you know if you're application is going through the Ottawa or Pretoria offices?

DocMartin

Hi Andrew and Tash 

I received our GCMS notes yesterday and it shows our assessment being complete and the eligibility criteria being met, which provides some relief. What has been in limbo, since the 1st of October, is our info sharing, criminality and security check. That shows very little progress. I also noticed that on the 4th of October there was a paper transfer of our files from Ottawa to the central intake office (where ever that is), the reason being "Workload redistribution". So there is clearly something within their security screening process slowing down our applications. 

As far as I know, applications are now processed centrally in Canada using their digital network, with work transferred to the appropriate party. So a local Visa office won't really be involved with the processing of the application. 

Hope you guys have some good news soon too. Everyday we get a little bit closer. 

DocMartin

Hi guys

Any good news perhaps on your application?? Nothing to report on our side I'm afraid, still waiting... :(

Kim Ann

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum.  We are doing the family sponsorship (other relative) through my sister and we are currently based in Auckland. We received our AOR letter on the 16th January 2019.  We are wanting to track our progress, but the CIC website online profile is useless.  I see some of you talk about immitracker.  What is this and how does it work?

Many thanks.

Kim

DocMartin
10 hours ago, Kim Ann said:

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum.  We are doing the family sponsorship (other relative) through my sister and we are currently based in Auckland. We received our AOR letter on the 16th January 2019.  We are wanting to track our progress, but the CIC website online profile is useless.  I see some of you talk about immitracker.  What is this and how does it work?

Many thanks.

Kim

Hi Kim

It's basically a community immigration forum where people create a profile and display the progress of their application. It's by no means a representation of the whole pool of applicants, but only of those that have created a profile on immitracker. So it can only give some insight into how fast IRCC is currently processing applications.

The URL is https://myimmitracker.com

Just select the appropriate filters to see the applicable data (like FW-Outland stream and so on) and you should be on your way. 

Like you say, the CIC site is pretty useless at knowing exactly what's potting with your application. The only way to really know is to order GCMS notes. I used getgcms.com, ordering my notes at the 4 month mark. All the info about GCMS notes is on their site. 

Good luck with your application! 

Feto

Good Morning,

I have good news we recieved this morning.

Woke up to the sneaky Golden Email (ready for Visa), website still not updated yet. Its 23 days prior to 6month deadline.

No begins the real work...

Feto

Our Timeline...

EE submitted - 23 Jun 2018 (Score 460)

ITA - 24 Jun 2018

Submitted - 22 Sep 2018

AOR - 23 Sep 2018

Med Pass - 29 Oct 2018

Req for Biometrics - 1 Nov 2018 (Done 7 Nov)

IP 2 - 12 Nov 2018 ( PTA Visa Office)

Req for Visa - 27 Feb 2018.

Andrew and Tash

Hi Feto

Congrats on the good news and good luck with the remainder of the process.

We also received good news earlier this month and received our passports back yesterday.

For everyone else still waiting, hang in there - the wait is agonizing but it does seem like they're getting through the approvals quicker now.

• Like 1

DocMartin

Hi guys

I can now also say that we have received our golden email. We got it this morning, 1 month and 1 week past the 6th month mark. But better late than never! Excited for what lies ahead!

• Like 3

Amy G

Yay congrats @DocMartin

Feto

Good Day Everyone,

I have a question... when we submitted EE we indicated that we will go to Ontario which is also stated on the COPR... now we made contact with an old colleague who has a position available in Calgary...

Does it matter where we land or do we have to land in Ontario...

Advise please...

Thank you...

Feto

Congrats @DocMartin... Wish you all the best...

Kitcat
4 hours ago, Feto said:

Good Day Everyone,

I have a question... when we submitted EE we indicated that we will go to Ontario which is also stated on the COPR... now we made contact with an old colleague who has a position available in Calgary...

Does it matter where we land or do we have to land in Ontario...

Advise please...

Thank you...

As far as I understand it doesn’t matter, unless you applied with provincial nomination.

GuyRussy
1 hour ago, Kitcat said:

As far as I understand it doesn’t matter, unless you applied with provincial nomination.

+1, but I've also heard that you can't land in the province of Quebec, as it has its own "rules" for immigration...

Feto

Hi @GuyRussy, @Kitcat,

Thank you for the reply... I did some more research... You can land anywhere except Quebec if you did not apply with an provincial nomination. But you can enter Quebec once landing is done.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know.36735/

Just added as reference.

• Like 2

GuyRussy
1 hour ago, Feto said:

Hi @GuyRussy, @Kitcat,

Thank you for the reply... I did some more research... You can land anywhere except Quebec if you did not apply with an provincial nomination. But you can enter Quebec once landing is done.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know.36735/

Just added as reference.

Hi @Feto,

That sounds right, thanks for clearing it up.