Sign in to follow this  
CandacedeK

Trades/Apprenticeship/EE profile

CandacedeK

Hello

We are filling in our EE profile and stuck on education. Main applicant is a plumber, didn’t finish high school, instead did a 5 year apprenticeship and then passed his red seal trade certificate. In ‘education’ there isn’t really any way to indicate this. It’s 5 years of training but 0 years of actual education/studying like university studies. And we can’t assess this until we are in Canada so it has no ECA. Just trying to figure out what to classify this education as. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

MaryJane

Would that not be classified as “less than secondary school”? There are no education requirement for Federal Skilled Trades.

I stand corrected but applying under Federal Skilled Trades, I thought one should get a certificate of qualification. This involves having the trade experience assessed by a school of trades or something.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html#education

CandacedeK

It might be classified as "less than secondary school" which is what I'm worried about. But not sure how a 5 year apprenticeship can count for nothing.

Yes, must either have a certificate of qualification (need to be in Canada for that, so only option might be traveling to Canada to write the exam and come back) or a valid job offer.