Ruan123

Is an Immigration consultant necessary?

Ruan123

Good day

We started this process with an Immigration Consultant based in Manitoba.

We have applied for all our documents and received all.

We are experiencing problems wiht the consultant as her stories change everytime we talk to her and

she tells us to do something, when we do it she changes the story again.

We are waisting too much time with this whole process.

Can anyone suggest a consultant they used to get into Canada or is it not necessary to have one?

We want to apply for EE to either Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitob.

My husband is a qualified Diesel Mechanic.

Please we need urgent assistance as all our documents are ready for application

Fund available etc.

Any assistance wil be appreicated.

Regards

Bianca

jimmy

Hi Bianca,

most people will say go for the DYI option, because it is actually easy enough to do it yourself (and it is), but the initial start to the process can be overwhelming and you have to commit a lot of time. We found a immigration consultant useful as our time is very limited and they have made the whole process up to this point a lot easier for us. Definitely worth the money spent in my opinion.

Our consultant is Cape Town based, actually a stone's throw from my wife's office. Working with them is a breeze and their service top notch. give them a call

https://www.migrateinternational.co.za/

Jules

I’m going to be very blunt here. Most of the people who fail in the immigration process are people who fail to do enough research and planning. Because knowledge is power and helps you settle faster. 

And going the DIY route means you must research, plan and prepare. Using an agent is the opposite but they can only hold your hand so far... eventually you have to do this alone anyways. It’s hard and it’s complicated. There are no easy routes but there are more expensive routes. 

Unless you have a unique case which requires professional advice I say go DIY. If you can’t navigate the application process alone you will never navigate Canada alone after you land. Trust me - the application stage is the easy part of the journey. Post landing is much more complicated and there are no agents for that. 

• Like 1

iguessee
2 hours ago, Jules said:

I’m going to be very blunt here. Most of the people who fail in the immigration process are people who fail to do enough research and planning. Because knowledge is power and helps you settle faster. 

And going the DIY route means you must research, plan and prepare. Using an agent is the opposite but they can only hold your hand so far... eventually you have to do this alone anyways. It’s hard and it’s complicated. There are no easy routes but there are more expensive routes. 

Unless you have a unique case which requires professional advice I say go DIY. If you can’t navigate the application process alone you will never navigate Canada alone after you land. Trust me - the application stage is the easy part of the journey. Post landing is much more complicated and there are no agents for that. 

I couldn't agree more. 100% better to do it yourself, even if you make a mistake.

NW18
19 hours ago, Jules said:

On the spot. If you can follow all instructions precisely and get the required support here on this forum it’s very much possible to do it yourself. Save the money for settlement instead😉

JennyVee

My 2 cents. (We land in Calgary in 5 days 😆)

Our family absolutely could not have done it without our immigration consultant. Our work and living situations over the past 10 years, as well as our current life pressures, made it nigh on impossible to do it right without her knowledge of the process, and her insight. She also saved us time by helping us avoid a lot of trial and error.

She has been on call from the time we first spoke, answering every little query almost as soon as I hit send. For us it was money well spent, as we needed to physically speak to a human. Her advice  about the best NOC codes to use (we had many options) and explanations for each little blip on our radars (may of these too) made all the difference to us getting that golden invitation.

Her name is Fran Wipf, and she practices in Calgary at http://thewayimmigration.ca/ She is one of a handful of reputable, accredited and trustworthy consultants worldwide.

At the end of the day you have to consider whether the cost is worth it for your family. If you've the same job and only lived in a couple places in the last 10 years, then it should be pretty straightforward to go it alone, using the excellent advice on this forum. If not, it might be worth chatting to someone.

Either way, good luck to you! Don't give up.

• Like 1