Sign in to follow this  
ReneLestan

Police Clearance 2018

ReneLestan

Hi there,

Anyone know of a way to expedite a police clearance certificate with the new system in place whereby the police use the postal service?

Or has anyone flown to Pretoria to get their PCC and how easy was it to do that?

Thanks 

Rene

Feto

Hi Rene,

Postal service is not advised... Some of the police stations make use of a courier service at a fee...

You will need to get to Pretoria and find a local police station that does take the docs in regularly themselves... You cant apply at the CRC they dont take finger prints... but you can have a friend pick up your police clearance if pre arranged and courier it to you when its done.

My wife once had a quick turn around at Midrand... I also had a good experience in Carletonville once... they drive the docs through every Wednesday and dont use the postal service.

Nelline

Can't Docassist help you Rene?

Talent79
9 hours ago, ReneLestan said:

Hi there,

Anyone know of a way to expedite a police clearance certificate with the new system in place whereby the police use the postal service?

Or has anyone flown to Pretoria to get their PCC and how easy was it to do that?

Thanks 

Rene

Call Postnet Pretoria CBD and speak to Christa. My wife's PCC was processed with their assistance and it took 10 days....they have connections at the SAPS HQ and are on the same building. You can also email them at the following email address ptacbd@postnet.co.za

ReneLestan

@Nelline They can only help if you are able to take your fingerprints with you from the police station, but with the new ruling, they won't allow you to take it, and have to post it themselves using our postal service, and then it gets posted back using this same postal service...  Absolute nightmare!  

We are actually considering flying to Pretoria to avoid the postal service issue from Cape Town to Pretoria and have a friend collect and courier to us.

@Talent79 thank you, will definitely give her a call tomorrow.  I'm sure there will be some police stations that willl allow us to take our fingerprints with us, and she might be able to find out which ones, or assist us if we fly up to get the prints done.

Anyone have recent experience with getting the police clearance done?  The Goodwood police station we went to said 2 to 3 months turnaround time...

Amy G

Ours took 3 weeks at the Edenvale police station in Joburg last month... 

BobbyV

We did our police clearance at Midrand police station on 18 July 2018. They were done by 3 August 2018 so the wait was not too bad.

ReneLestan

@BobbyV and @Amy G thanks for the feedback, somewhat reassuring.  Sounds like the hold up is in getting police clearances from Cape Town police stations, will see how long it takes from this side then.

ReneLestan

Just thought I'd post an update on this topic.  We ended up using VisaLogistics in Blackheath, Cape Town to do our clearances.  I bargained the price down quite a bit, we did need 2 clearances afterall and I thought there's nothing to lose if they say no.  Managed to get a reduced price, and the clearances took 1 week and 1 day.  Delivered to our house.  Went to their office for the prints. 

The other application only recently arrived in Pretoria after about a month, and still just shows in process.  So if anyone needs a PCC desperately quickly in Cape Town, VisaLogistics can still do it.