Sign in to follow this  
Rene&Greig

Where do we start

Rene&Greig

We are wanting to apply as a couple(unmarried but living together) both professionals with senior management experience(CEO & GM) aged 42 and 41. Is it advised to go through an Immigration company and if not where do we start the process and what documents need to be compiled ASAP and what at a later stage.

Feto

Hi @Rene&Greig,

My Wife and I stated by consulting an agent and asking all the questions and she outlined the process for us, then we continued the process ourselves up to the point where now we are waitingĀ for the final outcome of our application.

However because of the long validity of the documents I would suggest by stating with your qualification assessments through WES or a similarly accredited authority, then get your Ielts tests behind you. I does not help to get the PCC and so-on before you submit you initial profile. The CIC website is not that complicated and you should be able to get it done yourselves.

Documents they do take time are as follows:

• Police clearance certificate - minimum 2-4 weeks
  • WES assessments - 6-8 Weeks (you will need the full academic records sent to them by the university (also a headache))
  • Ielts - test is a full day - (bookings at least 4 weeks in advance)
  • Marriage certificate (unabridged or hand written (depends on the reviewer) - better to have both)
  • Birth certificates of Children (will need unabridged before you travel - get them anyway)(6-8 weeks depending on the home affairs (and how much KFC they eatšŸ˜)
  • If you or your husband have worked outside of SA for more than 180days in a given period (PCC for that country)(major headache depending on the country)
  • Records of Employment hope you still have most of them

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Research this forum as there is some great advise that has been posted a few times.

I wish you all the best.

Below a list of more or less you will be required to up load once you receive you ITA.

Do you medicals last (after you have received you ITA)Ā as you initial Visa entry will be linked to the medical expiry date.

My wife was the main applicant as she has a Masters and the scoreĀ helps a lot.

image.thumb.png.5bfc022e59ab283df2eadb4a5d17a0a9.png

Cobus

What you need to determine is if you are eligible and what the chances are of success. Eligible does not mean you will be successful. Ā Based on on your age your probably require a job offer which can be very difficult to obtain as employers must advertise and prove a Canadian can not be found with a few rare exceptions.

Cobus Kriek

cobus@matrixvisa.comĀ 

Rene&Greig
19 hours ago, Feto said:

Hi @Rene&Greig,

My Wife and I stated by consulting an agent and asking all the questions and she outlined the process for us, then we continued the process ourselves up to the point where now we are waitingĀ for the final outcome of our application.

However because of the long validity of the documents I would suggest by stating with your qualification assessments through WES or a similarly accredited authority, then get your Ielts tests behind you. I does not help to get the PCC and so-on before you submit you initial profile. The CIC website is not that complicated and you should be able to get it done yourselves.

Documents they do take time are as follows:

• Police clearance certificate - minimum 2-4 weeks
  • WES assessments - 6-8 Weeks (you will need the full academic records sent to them by the university (also a headache))
  • Ielts - test is a full day - (bookings at least 4 weeks in advance)
  • Marriage certificate (unabridged or hand written (depends on the reviewer) - better to have both)
  • Birth certificates of Children (will need unabridged before you travel - get them anyway)(6-8 weeks depending on the home affairs (and how much KFC they eatšŸ˜)
  • If you or your husband have worked outside of SA for more than 180days in a given period (PCC for that country)(major headache depending on the country)
  • Records of Employment hope you still have most of them

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Research this forum as there is some great advise that has been posted a few times.

I wish you all the best.

Below a list of more or less you will be required to up load once you receive you ITA.

Do you medicals last (after you have received you ITA)Ā as you initial Visa entry will be linked to the medical expiry date.

My wife was the main applicant as she has a Masters and the scoreĀ helps a lot.

image.thumb.png.5bfc022e59ab283df2eadb4a5d17a0a9.png

Ā 

Rene&Greig

Thanks that defiantly helps, will start gettingĀ docs ready.Ā 

NW18

Hi @Rene&GreigĀ as mentioned above by @CobusĀ and @FetoĀ it if first necessary for you to check the eligibility by using the CRS points calculator which will give you an idea of whether or not you will be eligible. It will ask you for an English language score which you can play around with.

the reason I say this is that Express Entry is points based system and if you intend on using this then age also plays a role along with education and employment experience.

also there are several programmed that you can use apart from Express Entry that you could discuss with an agent. We used Deanne Acres from canada Abroad. Very professional and answers all questions. That initial Skype consultation guided us and then we did it all be ourself. We have recieved our PR last month and landing in canada inĀ decemberšŸ˜€

@FetoĀ has described timelines in detail and there are other posts describing the same.

good luck!