Sign in to follow this  
Billaridoo

Decision time. Job offer & LMIA received, which route do we take?

Billaridoo

Received a job offer in Kamloops BC and employer submitted LMIA application. Job has been advertised for 3 months and should have a positive result.

What is the suggested immigration route? Work visa first then PR/EE once we landed and settled or PR/EE from the get go?

Family of 4.

Any guidance/suggestions will be appreciated.

M-N

Depends on what your points for EE would be. If it's close to the current draws and you think you'll be able to receive ITA soon then go for PR. If the point s still seem on the lowish side I'd say go for WP.  

Also, congratulations!!!

Edited by M-N
  • Like 1

Billaridoo
16 hours ago, M-N said:

Depends on what your points for EE would be. If it's close to the current draws and you think you'll be able to receive ITA soon then go for PR. If the point s still seem on the lowish side I'd say go for WP.  

Also, congratulations!!!

Thanks for the response M-N.

Points with modestly estimated IELTS scores at 532. What is the current draw score at?

M-N
8 minutes ago, Billaridoo said:

Thanks for the response M-N.

Points with modestly estimated IELTS scores at 532. What is the current draw score at?

Lol. I think you'll be just fine on the draw side.  I'd probably determine which oath would be quicker and go with that. So calculate how long it'll take you to submit your EE application + processing times vs WP. I have a suspicion Work permit will be faster.  We came over on a WP and applied for PR a few months after fwiw.  

• Like 1

Billaridoo

Thanks.

May I ask a few questions regarding WP please M-N?

1. Do you still need WES qualification verification when a positive LMIA has been issued?

2. What visa application do we do for my wife and two boys age 9 & 11?

3. What are the financial requirements for WP?

Much appreciated!

M-N
5 hours ago, Billaridoo said:

Thanks.

May I ask a few questions regarding WP please M-N?

1. Do you still need WES qualification verification when a positive LMIA has been issued?

2. What visa application do we do for my wife and two boys age 9 & 11?

3. What are the financial requirements for WP?

Much appreciated!

1. Not for the WP but you'll need it for PR still. 

2. If your wife wants to work then an open work permit if not then a TRV.  I believe you can apply for a study visa for your kids not too sure. We didn't go over with kids. 

3.  None really. Just need to show them proof of your job offer and I think on there it'll say how much you'll earn.  For PR you'll need then required amount I think and/or just a copy of your employment offer. 

• Like 1

NW18

The only catch with EE is that it takes long. Anywhere between 2 and 6 months. If you take work visa you can get it within two to four weeks because of the LMIA and job offer. 

My suggestion would be that you take hat and land in Canada and apply for Express Entry to get your Pr from inland. This will allow you to get PR and that time of stay (tequired1005 days) will then help you towards citizenship, if you are in for the long haul.

congratulations on you job! 😀

• Like 1

ZeeGe

Have a look at the Work Permit Time Line  topic to get a better idea about time lines for that route.  We waited 4 months for our LMIA, currently in week 5 for the WP.  The current time line for WP application is 12 weeks.

We submitted PCC, WES, IELTS, job specific certifications and bank statements as part of our WP application - dont know if the lawyer included the WES and IELTS just because we had it or if it was required.

As for the visas - we applied for a Work permit for myself, open work permit for my husband, study permit for my 6 year old and a visitors visa for my 4 year old.  We will apply for PR once we land in Canada

• Like 1

Billaridoo

@ZeeGe @NW18 and @M-N Thanks for all your responses. The WP seems to be the route to go with open WP for my wife and student visas for the 2 boys.

Will be heading to the WP topics/threads for the info and guides.

All of the best with your move @ZeeGe

• Like 1

NW18
2 hours ago, Billaridoo said:

@ZeeGe @NW18 and @M-N Thanks for all your responses. The WP seems to be the route to go with open WP for my wife and student visas for the 2 boys.

Will be heading to the WP topics/threads for the info and guides.

All of the best with your move @ZeeGe

Good luck @Billaridoo. That seems to be the best route ! 😀

We have used Wxpress Entey and sent our passport 2 days ago after receiving Passport Reequeat, 4 months post application. Planning our December landing trip 😀

Start with WES as that takes the longest. Simulatanwouslt you can get ge police clearance sorted out as required.

keep calm and follow the requirements. Wish you guys all the best😀

Edited by NW18
  • Like 1