Kitcat

PR application taking longer than six months

4DEE
29 minutes ago, JohanR said:

Hopefully it can get done quickly. 🤞

All the best JohanR

4DEE
On 4/16/2019 at 11:18 PM, Reibtseb said:

Didn't know they call employers... mine never said anything.

They do.Which makes lying extremely dangerous haha

JohanR
50 minutes ago, 4DEE said:

All the best JohanR

You hopefully meant "All the best KitKat" 😃. We are rooting for their application to finalize now 

Kitcat
2 hours ago, JohanR said:

Hopefully it can get done quickly. 🤞

For sure - although the current wait time for the CT docs is about six weeks, so we may have to make another plan to go to Joburg or Pretoria. All part of the adventure I guess 😉

Kitcat

Remedicals done and dusted - now we wait for the results, and hopefully this whole saga will be finalized soon.

• Like 3

JohanR

🤞

• Like 1

Kitcat

Remedicals passed yesterday and the additional document tab on our profile now says "Not Applicable" - so one step closer.

Today marks day 478 of waiting for an answer...😐

• Like 5

Jowey Lewis

@Kitcat that is good news Kitcat! Your journey is almost over. I celebrated 1 year post AOR yesterday :) . All the best to the June / July who are also still waiting... Not an easy journey but helps with growing patience, I guess.....

Kitcat

Oh no, @Jowey Lewis, sorry to hear you've also been waiting so long. Do you know what the hold up is? Hope you hear good news very soon!

Kitcat

The day has finally come!!!

We have just received our Golden Email!!!!!

See you soon, Calgary!!!!! 

• Like 17

CallMeIshmael

Congratulations @Kitcat!!! All the best on your new journey finally! 

Jowey Lewis
5 hours ago, Kitcat said:

The day has finally come!!!

See you soon, Calgary!!!!! 

@kitkat yeeeeees!!!!!! That s fantastic news! Phew! Calls for a celebration indeed! Congrats! 😃

hdub07

Congratulation kitkat! 

Boerbok

That's such wonderful news, so glad your long wait is finally over. Enjoy the final arrangements and good luck😁

logan
9 hours ago, Kitcat said:

Bloody marvelous @Kitcat! I suspect a lot of us have been holding our breath for this news (I've basically pinned myimmitracker just to keep an eye on your case 🙂 )

Congrats!

GuyRussy

Congrats @Kitcat, happy for you and your family!

Kitcat

Thanks everyone!

We are so happy and relieved, and also feeling a bit shell-shocked - it's all getting real now, we are moving to Canada!!! Whoohoooo!!!!!

• Like 4

OHCANADAAA

Fantastic news, congratulations Kitcat! Well done on enduring such a long wait, I can’t imagine what an emotional rollercoaster it must have been.

T3ZA

Hi all,

Well it seems I'm now part of the 6month+ group, as I'm currently sitting at nearly 8months. I have phoned IRCC (twice) and all they tell me is a review is required and security not started. 

I ordered GCMS notes in May (received June2019) and it said "Documents set for review". It seems nothing has been done since May.

@Kitcat you seem to be the one who has the most knowledge/experience. Any tips or info?

I was going to email an MP in Canada, I saw on another forum people emailing an MP to try get more info or their application tended to. ...did this help you?

Really feels like they leave the application after a certain point and just tend to the more recent ones. 😕 

Kitcat
Posted (edited)

Hey @T3ZA, I'm sorry to hear that you are waiting so long for your visa. Are you straight Federal Skilled Worker or do you have provincial nomination? Do you know which visa office your application is being processed in?

Our agent supposedly contacted her local MP, but I really don't think it was worth it - they don't really gain much more info than you would have phoning the CIC yourself. If you do phone the CIC be very specific about the questions that you ask - is eligibility passed? Is security passed? where is my application currently being processed? etc.

In your GCMS notes, what does it say under eligibility? Does it show anything specific that they want to review? Under the CRS points section, have they awarded you all the points that you have claimed?

In our case we got an additional document request about our marriage certificate, but no other inquiries from them. Under eligibility it said "review required" but nothing specific mentioned that needed to be reviewed, so it was super frustrating as we couldn't even send additional documents to try answer their concerns. We basically just had to sit and wait for an answer. Our file was initially processed in Ottawa, which is where the problems seem to have begun, and it basically just appeared to sit there gathering dust for many months. It was only once the file moved to Pretoria in March this year that things finally started to move.

Good luck! I really hope you hear good news very soon! The limbo is no fun at all!

Edited by Kitcat

T3ZA

Hi @Kitcat

So I'm a normal FSW Express Entry Applicant.

AOR: 27 Dec2018 & my application is still in the Ottawa office where it's being processed. My eligibility is being reviewed, criminality, biometrics (Feb2018) and medicals done and passed (Feb2018). Security not started. Nothing specific on eligibility, I wish I knew more. Min CRS Score: 449, CRS Score: 479  - So I have all the points I applied for.

Ya the limbo and waiting is really frustrating, but I hope I have some feedback soon. I don't know how you managed to wait so long, but at least you have it now :) .

Well hopefully something comes through by end of the month. Will try the MP route end of the month. I didn't use an immigration agency, maybe I should have...?

Kitcat

The unknown is definitely the hardest part, but the way I kept trying to see it was "no news is good news" - they can't just outright reject an application and if they have an issue they are obligated to first send you a procedural fairness letter to ask for an explanation or give you an opportunity to clear things up, and as you're already this far along, I am sure it will all be fine. Just have to keep the faith that you've done your best and it will all work out.

I am also not sure how I survived 16 long months - I do have a bit of a nervous twitch now though, haha ;) 

Our first and biggest mistake was using an agent - so I honestly would not recommend this route, so don't stress about that. :) 

Good luck, and please keep us posted when you hear some good news!

JjPat

My husband and I are on day 180 today (AOR 16 March 2019) so I figured I'd start following up more regularly with them. 

Can anyone suggest a trustworthy site to order GCMS notes from? Some of the sites we've found look a bit dogdey and my husband isn't too keen on entering his credit card number and paying for something in Rupees (I think us Saffas are a lot more worried about fraud than most, but hey) We're also doing this alone so no agent to go through.

I've also read about people emailed Ralph Goodale (?) but I'm not sure about that route and if anyone here has tried that.  

We've tried calling a few times in the last 3 weeks but can't get through to a person. The recording now says they are no longer accepting phone calls and to either raise a web form query or leave a voice recording. Once we got to enter in our UCI number but the system couldn't find our application. We sent a web form message a month ago with my updated job description and title change and asked if there was any further information they required and we only got the generic response. 

I really hope the upcoming election doesn't slow things down a bit. 

Good luck to you all and so amped for those of you who've already received your PR.

CallMeIshmael
13 hours ago, JjPat said:

My husband and I are on day 180 today (AOR 16 March 2019) so I figured I'd start following up more regularly with them. 

Can anyone suggest a trustworthy site to order GCMS notes from? Some of the sites we've found look a bit dogdey and my husband isn't too keen on entering his credit card number and paying for something in Rupees (I think us Saffas are a lot more worried about fraud than most, but hey) We're also doing this alone so no agent to go through.

I've also read about people emailed Ralph Goodale (?) but I'm not sure about that route and if anyone here has tried that.  

We've tried calling a few times in the last 3 weeks but can't get through to a person. The recording now says they are no longer accepting phone calls and to either raise a web form query or leave a voice recording. Once we got to enter in our UCI number but the system couldn't find our application. We sent a web form message a month ago with my updated job description and title change and asked if there was any further information they required and we only got the generic response. 

I really hope the upcoming election doesn't slow things down a bit. 

Good luck to you all and so amped for those of you who've already received your PR.

I ordered GCMS notes through getgcms and I got it on day 30 so no issues there. 

I think Ralph’s email in for inland applicants but I’m not sure, as of late the responses from what I’ve seen on the canadavisa forum has been generic as well. 

That automated message you get when you call I think is meant to make people hang up, if you stay on the line it transferes your call to IRCC. Just stay on the line until you hear the option to speak to an agent. 

Hope this helps.