Kitcat

PR application taking longer than six months

Reibtseb
On 4/11/2019 at 3:05 AM, Kitcat said:

So there has finally been some movement on our file and it would appear our application has now been moved to the Pretoria VO as my manager just got a phone call to confirm my employment and that she wrote my work reference letter. Holding thumbs that this is finally some good progress!

Didn't know they call employers... mine never said anything.

• Like 1

Kitcat
9 hours ago, Talent79 said:

@Kitcat...there is truly a movement now. We got our BIL last week and today our Golden Email came through...we got our PPR

Its been 6 months 20 days with a "Review Required on Work Experience", included on our file

That's fantastic, @Talent79! Congrats! Do you know if your application was in Pretoria or did the PPR come from within Canada?

Kitcat
8 hours ago, Reibtseb said:

Didn't know they call employers... mine never said anything.

I don't think it's very common for them to phone employers but there must have been something that they were unsure of. We're just glad that it shows that they're finally working on our application, which seems to have been gathering dust for the past ten months.

• Like 1

Reibtseb
8 hours ago, Kitcat said:

I don't think it's very common for them to phone employers but there must have been something that they were unsure of. We're just glad that it shows that they're finally working on our application, which seems to have been gathering dust for the past ten months.

Yea, relieved you are finally getting some movement!

• Like 2

StuartW

I literally sign in at least once a week to check on this thread!

Glad some movement is occurring

• Thanks 1

JohanR

@Kitcat, How are you guys holding up? Still no news? 

Kitcat
18 hours ago, JohanR said:

@Kitcat, How are you guys holding up? Still no news? 

Still no news :( It's not been a good week - we just want to move forward now, and to say it's frustrating is an understatement.

JohanR
6 hours ago, Kitcat said:

Still no news :( It's not been a good week - we just want to move forward now, and to say it's frustrating is an understatement.

😥 Never lose hope. We have our fingers and toes crossed for you and the family.

Even when you have these bad weeks keep moving forward. We felt the same some days, especially while going through provincial nomination. That took forever and living in limbo is the worst. So plod along, enjoy as much of SA as you can, time with friends, nature, etc.  It is all worth it in the end.

• Like 1

LC09

Hi Kitcat do you have any news yet? I have been following this trail as our 6 months expired 7 May 2019. Have they asked you to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee or did you pay that with the app fee upfront? 

Theron
4 hours ago, LC09 said:

Hi Kitcat do you have any news yet? I have been following this trail as our 6 months expired 7 May 2019. Have they asked you to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee or did you pay that with the app fee upfront? 

I was about to ask the same after reading the entire thread. Any news @Kitcat?? I mean it's May 24th already. Did you order another set of GCMS notes to see what's going on?

Kitcat
11 hours ago, LC09 said:

6 hours ago, Theron said:

I was about to ask the same after reading the entire thread. Any news @Kitcat?? I mean it's May 24th already. Did you order another set of GCMS notes to see what's going on?

Hi guys, no news yet, unfortunately. We’re now approaching 14 months and it’s very frustrating. We’ve emailed the Pretoria visa office for an update and other than that there isn’t much we can do. Ordered GCMS notes twice and they didn’t reveal much. We paid all the fees upfront when we applied.

Purple
On 5/25/2019 at 6:40 AM, Kitcat said:

Hi guys, no news yet, unfortunately. We’re now approaching 14 months and it’s very frustrating. We’ve emailed the Pretoria visa office for an update and other than that there isn’t much we can do. Ordered GCMS notes twice and they didn’t reveal much. We paid all the fees upfront when we applied.

Hi Kit Kat,

I am not sure if you already came across this forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/?fbclid=IwAR3VkrsgEkqM6bLdrQ_W5R_pqP1jc4If4DuzlxTmXzyS2qFZmjW-X7a-EX4

It explains the security screening process but I am not sure how accurate it is. Would it be worth ordering CSIS notes? 

Kind Regards

Kitcat
20 hours ago, Purple said:

Hi Kit Kat,

I am not sure if you already came across this forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/?fbclid=IwAR3VkrsgEkqM6bLdrQ_W5R_pqP1jc4If4DuzlxTmXzyS2qFZmjW-X7a-EX4

It explains the security screening process but I am not sure how accurate it is. Would it be worth ordering CSIS notes? 

Kind Regards

Thanks, @Purple - apparently our file has been moved to the Pretoria VO so it would appear that the security is complete. We've emailed the Pretoria VO for an update and if we don't hear anything this week then our agent will be contacting her local MP for information.

• Like 2

Talent79
On 5/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, Kitcat said:

Thanks, @Purple - apparently our file has been moved to the Pretoria VO so it would appear that the security is complete. We've emailed the Pretoria VO for an update and if we don't hear anything this week then our agent will be contacting her local MP for information.

@Kitcat...you have come a long way. Even after I landed in Canada, I am still putting up prayers for you and your family. You guys have put up a good fight, you will get this

JohanR
9 minutes ago, Talent79 said:

@Kitcat...you have come a long way. Even after I landed in Canada, I am still putting up prayers for you and your family. You guys have put up a good fight, you will get this

We are all praying for @Kitcat I am waiting for the note that says the process is done and they are on the plane.

Talent79
3 minutes ago, JohanR said:

We are all praying for @Kitcat I am waiting for the note that says the process is done and they are on the plane.

That's true @JohanR...was your application approved?

JohanR

I have been in Canada since 2017. Just feel the pain and understand what they are going through as our process was also long and drawn out. 

Talent79
2 minutes ago, JohanR said:

I have been in Canada since 2017. Just feel the pain and understand what they are going through as our process was also long and drawn out. 

That's true...and it becomes so frustrating....but I guess they are close to getting it now

JohanR

Fingers Crossed. 

Kitcat
Posted (edited)

Thanks @Talent79 and @JohanR, we still don't have any clarity on what's going on. According to our representative, who followed up with her local MP's office, everything is now cleared and they are just awaiting the last criminality/security report, but every time we get feedback it seems to be contradictory and completely ambiguous, so who knows what's going or how much longer it will take. It's been super frustrating, and I've reached a point where it feels like we will never get an answer. I've even started looking at other options as we can get to the UK on an ancestral visa, so part of me has kind of  lost hope on the whole Canada idea.

Edited by Kitcat

JohanR
Posted (edited)

😞

Not knowing what the real story is the worst part of this. One really feels that they lost the file or put it somewhere and then realized when queried that someone stuffed up and now it is going through the process.

Edited by JohanR

Talent79
7 hours ago, Kitcat said:

Thanks @Talent79 and @JohanR, we still don't have any clarity on what's going on. According to our representative, who followed up with her local MP's office, everything is now cleared and they are just awaiting the last criminality/security report, but every time we get feedback it seems to be contradictory and completely ambiguous, so who knows what's going or how much longer it will take. It's been super frustrating, and I've reached a point where it feels like we will never get an answer. I've even started looking at other options as we can get to the UK on an ancestral visa, so part of me has kind of  lost hope on the whole Canada idea.

Hi @Kitcat....so even your GCMS notes could not provide clarity as to which direction your file is taking? Please keep your hopes up, you will be getting this I tell you. If they didn't want you to approve your application, I am sure the refusal could have come by now.

We continue to pray for you

Kitcat
On 6/21/2019 at 5:28 PM, Talent79 said:

Hi @Kitcat....so even your GCMS notes could not provide clarity as to which direction your file is taking? Please keep your hopes up, you will be getting this I tell you. If they didn't want you to approve your application, I am sure the refusal could have come by now.

We continue to pray for you

Nope, the GCMS notes said that there was review required for eligibility, but nothing specific mentioned that needed to be reviewed.

Thanks for your good wishes!

Kitcat

So today we finally had some movement on our application with a request to redo our medicals. Super annoying and such a wasted expense, but it's progress non the less :)

• Like 2

JohanR

Hopefully it can get done quickly. 🤞