Kitcat

PR application taking longer than six months

Reibtseb
On 4/11/2019 at 3:05 AM, Kitcat said:

So there has finally been some movement on our file and it would appear our application has now been moved to the Pretoria VO as my manager just got a phone call to confirm my employment and that she wrote my work reference letter. Holding thumbs that this is finally some good progress!

Didn't know they call employers... mine never said anything.

• Like 1

Kitcat
9 hours ago, Talent79 said:

@Kitcat...there is truly a movement now. We got our BIL last week and today our Golden Email came through...we got our PPR

Its been 6 months 20 days with a "Review Required on Work Experience", included on our file

That's fantastic, @Talent79! Congrats! Do you know if your application was in Pretoria or did the PPR come from within Canada?

Kitcat
8 hours ago, Reibtseb said:

Didn't know they call employers... mine never said anything.

I don't think it's very common for them to phone employers but there must have been something that they were unsure of. We're just glad that it shows that they're finally working on our application, which seems to have been gathering dust for the past ten months.

• Like 1

Reibtseb
8 hours ago, Kitcat said:

I don't think it's very common for them to phone employers but there must have been something that they were unsure of. We're just glad that it shows that they're finally working on our application, which seems to have been gathering dust for the past ten months.

Yea, relieved you are finally getting some movement!

• Like 2

StuartW

I literally sign in at least once a week to check on this thread!

Glad some movement is occurring

• Thanks 1

JohanR

@Kitcat, How are you guys holding up? Still no news? 

Kitcat
18 hours ago, JohanR said:

@Kitcat, How are you guys holding up? Still no news? 

Still no news :( It's not been a good week - we just want to move forward now, and to say it's frustrating is an understatement.

JohanR
6 hours ago, Kitcat said:

Still no news :( It's not been a good week - we just want to move forward now, and to say it's frustrating is an understatement.

😥 Never lose hope. We have our fingers and toes crossed for you and the family.

Even when you have these bad weeks keep moving forward. We felt the same some days, especially while going through provincial nomination. That took forever and living in limbo is the worst. So plod along, enjoy as much of SA as you can, time with friends, nature, etc.  It is all worth it in the end.

• Like 1