Kitcat

PR application taking longer than six months

Kitcat
7 hours ago, IsabelE said:

The most frustrating part is not being able to plan for the future because everyting is so uncertain.

Good luck @Kitcat and @TarrynLeitch, I hope we get some good news soon!

Thanks @IsabelE, hope you hear something soon too!

You are so right about the frustration of not being able to plan - especially in our case with two little children. We are living in complete limbo at the moment and our medicals expire in early March so would be so great if we at least had some clarity on what’s going on so we can move forward.

• Like 1

TarrynLeitch

@Amy G - It was the average 6 month balance for each account. The letter was even approved by an immigration lawyer friend of mine which clearly didn't help at all haha! so just send bank statements to avoid the stress. 

@Eric N - If my application takes 12 months ill go mad! I wish they would just ask me to come for an interview, I am an open book. But this waiting in silence is terrible! When you got your PPR, I am sure it must have been extra worth the wait.

I know it sounds like such a cliche, but it definitely depends on the officer/ agent you get assigned to!

• Like 2

JohanR
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, Kitcat said:

Thanks @IsabelE, hope you hear something soon too!

You are so right about the frustration of not being able to plan - especially in our case with two little children. We are living in complete limbo at the moment and our medicals expire in early March so would be so great if we at least had some clarity on what’s going on so we can move forward.

Hey, have been sitting thinking of you guys. How are you guys holding up? I take it there is still radio silence on the progress.

Kitcat
12 hours ago, JohanR said:

Hey, have been sitting thinking of you guys. How are you guys holding up? I take it there is still radio silence on the progress.

Hi @JohanR, thanks for thinking of us. Sadly still no news. Although I know of two other South African couple who applied around the same time as us who got their PPR yesterday, so there appears to be some movement for the older applications...so holding thumbs for good news soon!

NW18

Hey @Kitcat. Hang in there. Holding thumbs up for you guys. We have been here in Burlington, Ontario for just over a month now and the only regret we have is not doing this sooner. 

I feel for you guys and understand how it must feel but trust me when I say this, it will all be worth the wait. Hoping to hear positive news from you soon! 😀

Edited by NW18

Kitcat
58 minutes ago, NW18 said:

Hey @Kitcat. Hang in there. Holding thumbs up for you guys. We have been here in Burlington, Ontario for just over a month now and the only regret we have is not doing this sooner. 

I feel for you guys and understand how it must feel but trust me when I say this, it will all be worth the wait. Hoping to hear positive news from you soon! 😀

Thanks, @NW18. We certainly never expected still be here, but i know it’ll all be worth it. Glad that you guys are getting settled 🙂

TarrynLeitch

HI @NW18

We woke up on Friday morning to the golden Passport Request email 🥂😁
Being a typical girl, I burst into happy tears haha 
The feeling is so surreal, my partner refuses to celebrate or tell our families until our passports come back with our visas in!

I am confident @Kitcat and @IsabelE and all the others waiting patiently will receive some good news soon! There seems to be lots of action happening with SA applicants!! The wait is definitely worth it 😍
We have plans to land in Vancouver in Apr/May with our fur babies!🐶🐶

• Like 2

NW18

Hey @TarrynLeitch. That is wonderful. I am sure you guys are feeling very relaxed now as the vial step is more like a formality of giving your passports in. Can take up to a weekl or two so just hang in there for the last short haul!😀

@IsabelE and @Kitcat, you Guys have some positive motivation here and I’m holding thumbs up for you guys👍👍

good luck to you all. Keep us posted, it’s great to hear from you😀

TarrynLeitch

FINALLY! For those interested, here is my PPR timeline😁

Applied: 25 April 2018
ITA: 09 May 2018
AOR: 30 May 2018
Medicals Passed: 11 June 2018
GCMS Noted Ordered: 4 November 2018
GCMS Notes Received: 5 December 2018- My eligibility was review required, and no other checks had started. Also last date of profile change was 27 June 18. No clear reason as to why there was a review needed, however they did mention in capital letters that no bank account history was provided. I had only uploaded a bank letter when I applied.
Case specific Inquiry 1: 19 December 2018 - I took it upon myself to send through bank statements. They confirmed receipt a day later. 
Case specific Inquiry 2: 16 January 2019 -  When I applied, I had only just started at my new job, so I could only upload my employment contract. I figured this could be another hold up, so I also decided to send through that proof of employment letter , they confirmed the receipt on 21 Jan 2019. Who knows if they even look at this.
Passport request email (PPR): 25 January 2019 – 240 days!!!! Instruction received via email to submit passports to VFS. Nothing had been updated yet online and it still says, "We will message you when we start your background check"

Passports submitted: 29 January 2019 – Submitted passports to VFS Pretoria. Got a confirmation sms that night

Online profile updated: 31 January 2019 – Online profile was updated saying we have been approved and all checks passed. Also details of our counterfoils (temp visas) can be seen and an information letter uploaded in messages.

Passports ready for collection: 1 February 2019 – Received sms that passports are ready for collection as well as confirmation of permanent residence letter. 

• Like 4

NW18
4 hours ago, TarrynLeitch said:

FINALLY! For those interested, here is my PPR timeline😁

Applied: 25 April 2018
ITA: 09 May 2018
AOR: 30 May 2018
Medicals Passed: 11 June 2018
GCMS Noted Ordered: 4 November 2018
GCMS Notes Received: 5 December 2018- My eligibility was review required, and no other checks had started. Also last date of profile change was 27 June 18. No clear reason as to why there was a review needed, however they did mention in capital letters that no bank account history was provided. I had only uploaded a bank letter when I applied.
Case specific Inquiry 1: 19 December 2018 - I took it upon myself to send through bank statements. They confirmed receipt a day later. 
Case specific Inquiry 2: 16 January 2019 -  When I applied, I had only just started at my new job, so I could only upload my employment contract. I figured this could be another hold up, so I also decided to send through that proof of employment letter , they confirmed the receipt on 21 Jan 2019. Who knows if they even look at this.
Passport request email (PPR): 25 January 2019 – 240 days!!!! Instruction received via email to submit passports to VFS. Nothing had been updated yet online and it still says, "We will message you when we start your background check"

Passports submitted: 29 January 2019 – Submitted passports to VFS Pretoria. Got a confirmation sms that night

Online profile updated: 31 January 2019 – Online profile was updated saying we have been approved and all checks passed. Also details of our counterfoils (temp visas) can be seen and an information letter uploaded in messages.

Passports ready for collection: 1 February 2019 – Received sms that passports are ready for collection as well as confirmation of permanent residence letter. 

Hey @TarrynLeitch. This is fabulous news. Perseverance paid off! 😀

now all that left to do is plan your landing. Exciting times. So happy for you. 😀👌

• Haha 1

StuartW

@Kitcat How things going? Any news yet?

Kitcat
Posted (edited)

Hi @StuartW, thanks for asking - we've still not had any news yet. We're 17 days from the year anniversary of our AOR. We've been told that it's just the last security checks that are taking place, but who knows. It's all VERY frustrating!

Edited by Kitcat
  • Sad 1

SteveE

@Kitcat so sorry about your delay! What is your Visa Office? Perhaps you were selected for additional security checks? 

Kitcat

Our application is being processed in Ottawa and at the Central Processing Centre (according to our notes it's been moved between the two). We suspect the delay is due to my husband's extensive travel history and that could be why security is taking so long. According to our GCMS notes that's the last thing that needs to be done.

Jules

That’s a long wait but still nothing compared to the “old” days when it took over 3 years. That was an exercise in patience. 

robert
1 hour ago, Jules said:

That’s a long wait but still nothing compared to the “old” days when it took over 3 years. That was an exercise in patience. 

I agree. We applied in June 2004 and got our PR visa in August 2007.

Kitcat

The current processing time is six months so we’re almost at double that so it’s been frustrating, but I definitely can’t imagine how you guys coped with waiting for three years - that’s incredible! The limbo and not knowing is a killer.

DocMartin
On 3/19/2019 at 4:31 PM, Kitcat said:

The current processing time is six months so we’re almost at double that so it’s been frustrating, but I definitely can’t imagine how you guys coped with waiting for three years - that’s incredible! The limbo and not knowing is a killer.

Hi KitKat

I can only imagine how tough it must be...this whole process definitely makes one stronger. Our application was also delayed a bit, but I have a suspicion that it was only when I emailed the Ottawa CPC office directly, not contacting the CIC using their web form, that it actually helped. But hey, for all I know it may have not done anything at all.

Hope you guys hear soon, we're definitely rooting for you! I'm sure you'll hear soon. There seems to be a bit more activity with SA applicants now on that side.

• Thanks 1

Kitcat

So today marks one year since our AOR and still no PPR...this limbo is NO fun at all...😔

• Sad 1

IsabelE

Agge nee! Good luck @Kitcat. I'm sure you already know this, but it will be worth it! Have you emailed members of parliament in Canada? I have no idea if it helped, but we received our PPR not long after an email to them. You are welcome to send me a direct message for the email address we used.

The worst part is the waiting in limbo, I hope for really good news soon!

IsabelE

Did you receive you notes, anything in there that give you an idea that it is security screening?

Kitcat

Thanks @IsabelE, our agent was in contact with her local member of parliament in November and we’ve received GCMS notes twice, in November and March, and everything seems positive - it just appears to be the last security checks. But we really don’t know. According to the notes, our eligibility was “review required” but there was no specific info indicating why, and we seemed to have met all the FSW requirements as they awarded us all the points we claimed, so we just don’t know what to make of it all.

Kitcat

So there has finally been some movement on our file and it would appear our application has now been moved to the Pretoria VO as my manager just got a phone call to confirm my employment and that she wrote my work reference letter. Holding thumbs that this is finally some good progress!

• Like 5

JohanR

@Kitcat, Great to hear there is movement. 

• Like 1

Talent79

@Kitcat...there is truly a movement now. We got our BIL last week and today our Golden Email came through...we got our PPR

Its been 6 months 20 days with a "Review Required on Work Experience", included on our file

Edited by Talent79