Kitcat

PR application taking longer than six months

Kitcat

Hi guys, I'd just like to know if anyone here has waited six months or longer for their PR application to be approved. Our AOR is 4 April. We had an odd inquiry from the CIC about our marriage certificate in May and then moved to IP2 around the end of June. Since then we've heard nothing, and we're obviously feeling rather anxious - especially as we've seen quite a few PPRs coming in for June/July applicants on this forum recently, and this wait and the unknown is quite stressful. We ordered GCMS notes this week, so hopefully that should shed some light, but I'd love to hear the experiences of others who may have had a similar timeline and waited around or longer than six months to hear anything.

Eric N

@KitKatN,It sad that they haven't finalize your application after 6 months.

My application took 12 months and 5 days before I receive PPR.We  only passed medicals after 9 months and half,then I went for interview in April 2018 where I submitted updated proof of funds.

Up to now,CIC has never explained why my application took so long but I am convinced that u will get your PPR soon.

Kitcat

Wow, @Eric N, that must have been quite a stressful wait. Thanks for sharing your experience and sorry that you guys had to go through that. 

• Like 1

Jowey Lewis

@ KitKat, sorry to hear you are still waiting. But this should be the month if you have applied in April? May be in the next 2 weeks you will get some kind of feed back. I am a July applicant and it feels like eternity, although I know I am only half way... Pretty much a patience testing experience. I pray that you get an update soonest. Hang in there :)

Kitcat
On 10/10/2018 at 9:20 AM, Jowey Lewis said:

@ KitKat, sorry to hear you are still waiting. But this should be the month if you have applied in April? May be in the next 2 weeks you will get some kind of feed back. I am a July applicant and it feels like eternity, although I know I am only half way... Pretty much a patience testing experience. I pray that you get an update soonest. Hang in there :)

Thanks @Jowey Lewis, good luck with your wait too! Hope you also have some good news soon.

logan

Submitted PR last night. Now the long wait, I guess -- seems things are going really slow at this point...

Hope all those who entered earlier get answers soon.

NW18

Hey @Kitcat I completely understand your pain.. WE are waiting for almost 4 months now and already anxious. I think it was a good decision to order GCMS notes. I am sure that will shed light. However, there is no guarantee to what time it will take to finish the processing of a PR application from what I understand after speaking twice to the consultants in the IRCC Call centre. They don't even bother if the profile's AOR date is less than 6 months old. Now that yo =u are over this mark I would suggest in the meanwhile calling the IRCC Call centre.

Lets hope we all get our PR's soon :):)

Edited by NW18

Kitcat
On 10/12/2018 at 4:03 PM, NW18 said:

Hey @Kitcat I completely understand your pain.. WE are waiting for almost 4 months now and already anxious. I think it was a good decision to order GCMS notes. I am sure that will shed light. However, there is no guarantee to what time it will take to finish the processing of a PR application from what I understand after speaking twice to the consultants in the IRCC Call centre. They don't even bother if the profile's AOR date is less than 6 months old. Now that yo =u are over this mark I would suggest in the meanwhile calling the IRCC Call centre.

Lets hope we all get our PR's soon :):)

Thanks, I phoned the CIC a couple months back but it wasn't a very productive phone call. The agent we're working through has raised a web enquiry, so we'll see if anyhting comes from that. It's super frustrating, but hopefully the wait will be over soon. Good luck to you too!

• Like 1

Kitcat

CIC responded to our web inquiry yesterday and just said that our application is still being processed....😑...and the wait continues. 

NW18

Your profile must have been selected for Security Screening for some reason. This is a common cause for delays in PR applications from whats there on the web.

Hopefully you get your golden email soon. its long due! :)

Kitcat

Yes, that's what we suspect. My husband has an extensive travel history to the Middle East for his work and I previously worked for a security risk consultancy, so we think that this is something they have been looking at. Can't think of any other reasons for the delay. 

NW18

Just hang in there tight. Holding thumbs up for you guys :)

• Like 1