BobbyV

Proof of Funds (Provident Fund)

BobbyV

Hi, 

We received our ITA a few days ago and plan on using my provident fund as proof of funds. I have a few issues that I need some assistance on.

Firstly, the provident fund that I'm a member of only sends benefit statements once a year. So the latest statement I have is as at 31 March 2018, the previous one being on 31 March 2017. I have asked the administrators, Alexander Forbes, to confirm the latest balance but the best they have done is to provide what they've called a "member fund credit quotation". It has all the pertinent details but after confirming the fund balance, they have included a note which makes me think twice about even using this statement at all. I have attached the portion of the statement that I am worried about. What are your views?

Secondly, the balance on my 31 March 2018 statement is more than enough for IRCC purposes so maybe I could just use that and explain that I only receive statements once a year?

I will also provide the relevant calculations in terms of tax so as to show the net funds available on resignation.

pof.jpg

NW18

Hi @BobbyV

from what I have read you may use provident fund account balances as proof as funds however since your statement is from March using it might need some more documental support from the fund. The reason I say this is I was advised that any bank letter etc bring using for POF inPR application should preferably be under 3 months old. However there is no rule that says this is how it should be.

what you should do is call or email the IRCC and ask them. This would  give u peace of mind unless someone On this forum confirms the same with a positive outcome😀

i suggest you rather be safe than sorry. 

BobbyV

Thanks @NW18,

I got some info from the fund. They will be issuing investment statements at the end of September 2018. I will add that statement to the March 2018 one and use it for the application. Fingers crossed.

NW18

That should be sufficient then 😀