BobbyV

Upfront medical exam?

BobbyV

Hi guys, 

we finally received our ITA today 5 September 2018 and we’re over the moon. One step closer.

I’d like to know if going for an upfront medical exam is recommended in order to speed up the application process? Or is it just advisable to wait for instructions from IRCC? We are able to come up with all the other documents in the next 2 weeks or so.

• Like 1

LidiaS77

Hi BobbyV,

Congratulations!!! We went for our medicals a week before we received ITA. This helped us to submit all our documents and complete our application the day after receiving ITA. I definitely feel that this sped up our process a lot. We received our PR visas less than 2 months later (beginning of 2017). Based on our experience I would definitely recommend it.

• Like 1

Nelline

What @LidiaS77 said

You can definitely go for upfront medicals just be sure to go to practice where this is often done otherwise they're going to say "but you don't have the right paperwork!" 

• Like 2

LidiaS77
3 minutes ago, Nelline said:

Just be sure to go to practice where this is often done otherwise they're going to say "but you don't have the right paperwork!" 

True! We went to Hatmed in Pretoria and they were able to help us with no problems 🙂

• Like 1

BobbyV

Thank you for the responses guys! Will make an appointment today! 🙂

logan

We made our upfront appointment with TDC in Rosebank -- made the request for booking on Thursday, was booked for Tuesday.  The official list of accepted panel physicians is located at http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx  so there might be someone closer to you.

Congratulations!

NW18

We did our upfront medical exam in Durban and asked beforehand if it was accepted by the doctor. We did it Pre-ITA. Definitely helps speeding up tinge process

BobbyV

We managed to get the medicals done last Thursday at Hatmed in Pretoria. Now we are just waiting on my provident fund statement at the end of the month so we can hand in the application. We collected our SA PCCs last week as well and so glad that's out the way.

NW18
8 hours ago, BobbyV said:

We managed to get the medicals done last Thursday at Hatmed in Pretoria. Now we are just waiting on my provident fund statement at the end of the month so we can hand in the application. We collected our SA PCCs last week as well and so glad that's out the way.

It seems like it’s a long list of documents but once you get them all right then you will have a peaceful mind and will be able to wait patiently for your PR. 

Remembering those days. Glad it’s all done. Just waiting for our PR now. 😀