logan

Travel History (Work and Tourism)

logan

Hi all,

So. ITA. Busy with the travel history. Everyone seems to have a different question in this area, and I've scoured, but couldn't find one that fits my situation exactly (and by scoured I mean a looked at the first 30 or so results from my search and then abandoned...)

We've travelled to the US a couple of times as I had to attend a conference. The conference itself is only 3 days, but afterward -- seeing as one is *there* -- we made use of the opportunity to do some touristy things (we try to visit a different city each time we go). This means our official time out of the country was 3 weeks or so (at a time), of which only 3 were officially for the conference.

My interpretation of the request for travel history is: What is the main reason for this trip? In each case it would be "to attend a conference". However, I'd hate to have questions because of the "extended" period of time spent in the country to attend a conference.

Thoughts? Do I complete a separate line for each place I visited (as part of the overall trip)? Simply list my main point of visiting, and then list the places I visited on each trip in an LoE?

Any advice appreciated!

M-N

I would just put the dates you were there and say tourism/business.   I think I had a case like that for one of my trips and I think that's what I did. Just make sure it matches your passport stamps.  

Edited by M-N

logan

Sounds sensible.

Thanks!

graciax452

@M-N is right, just state Business Conference with tourist activities thereafter is you feel you need more explanation, else it's too many lines and not enough passport stamps.