Kodi33

Reputable Resume Writers in Canada

Kodi33

Hi all,

From all the excellent info I've read my wife and I are going to have our resume, cover letter and Linked-in profile revamped. We are looking to go 1 Nov 2018.

There are so many firms doing it from searching online and charging anything from R2k - R6k.

I don't mind paying for quality work but has anyone used someone that they can recommend?

Thanks in advance¬†ūüėÉ

JohanR

Hiya,

The resume is the trickiest. It needs to be very specific to the role you are applying for. You actually end up having multiple versions of the document to allow you to apply to every opportunity. And then some of the job titles are different and are roles "structured" different. LinkedIn worked best for me. 

Workitdaily(Search on LinkedIn) is the absolute best I found, but they are a bit pricy. A colleague of mind used a company to do the resume and swears by them. I will try and find the info and send it to you

Nelline

I have a SAffer friend here in Canada with a great flair for writing / editing Resumes, she has been helping people for a while for free but she is thinking /investigating starting a small home business writing professional Resumes. PM me if you want her contact details.

*Disclaimer - I do not stand to gain financially with this post, and I wrote and edited my own Resumes :P 

Jules

In the GTA there are several free resources to get help. Google places like Access Employment, TRIEC and The Centre for Education and Training ( www.tcet.com).

The all offer free mentoring, resume writing and job search skills. 

• Like 1

KelvinK

I can personally Resumeble (https://www.resumeble.com/pricing). I am currently making use of them and the quality of their product is really good. They're a bit pricey, but they have industry experts writing resumes and they guarantee an interview within 30 days (or they rewrite your resume). 

hdub07
On 8/27/2018 at 6:39 PM, Jules said:

In the GTA there are several free resources to get help. Google places like Access Employment, TRIEC and The Centre for Education and Training ( www.tcet.com).

The all offer free mentoring, resume writing and job search skills. 

Further north in Ontario is Professions North. They won’t write your résumé for you, but they will give you everything you need to be able to meet Canadian expectations. 

jimmy

Have a look at this as well, it is a resume builder which I found very useful. https://zety.com/

Nettie
On 8/25/2018 at 6:50 PM, Nelline said:

I have a SAffer friend here in Canada with a great flair for writing / editing Resumes, she has been helping people for a while for free but she is thinking /investigating starting a small home business writing professional Resumes. PM me if you want her contact details.

*Disclaimer - I do not stand to gain financially with this post, and I wrote and edited my own Resumes :P 

Here's another SAffer friend of you who have been doing it for free for years and have been thinking of charging a small fee. 

• Thanks 1