Sign in to follow this  
jimmy

Requesting academic transcripts from CIMA South Africa

jimmy

Incompetence is the bane of my existence!!!

Apologies for starting this thread with a bit of a rant, but nothing irks me more than someone that doesn't have a clue of due process, plainly ignores various written and verbal requests, thinks they've got a comprehensive understanding of a process when in fact they have none and as a result of their stupidity you are carrying the consequences.

My wife requested her academic transcripts from CIMA South Africa to send to WES. She got a call from a lady at the call centre informing her that they can assist and will have the document ready for her in a day or two. According to her, the academic record is the only thing WES is looking for and it is not necessary to send a copy of the diploma. As the instructions from WES are very clear: Academic Transcripts AND Copy of the Diploma / Degree Certificate, the call centre lady was told verbally and given a written (email) instruction to include the diploma certificate in the envelope as well.

We had a courier pick up the envelope from CIMA's office in JHB and deliver to us in CPT. We wanted to ship all our credentials together to 1.) save courier costs and 2.) to make sure all our documents are together and not have them shipped to WES from various locations. Off course, the envelopes were sealed and there was no way of checking that everything that was supposed to be in there were actually there. So off they went.........   

I received an email from WES saying that all my docs are in order and that the certificate will be completed on 22 Aug..... yeah... one down one to go. a couple of days later WES dropped the bomb....... they have not received my wife's CIMA diploma certificate!! The explanation from the call centre lady was that the certificates get sent electronically to the students and it cannot be printed by them so that is why they only sent the academic record. That is absolutely ridiculous and is the first time we ever heard this from them. Never the less, we contacted our immigration agent who informed us that we can submit a copy of the diploma certificate ourselves, WES only requires a copy and it does not necessarily have to come from the institution. The bottom line of this is that we have to incur additional costs to get the document to WES, not to mention that we have to wait even longer for the ECA report.

If anyone reading this needs to request transcripts from CIMA, make double sure they include the Diploma / Degree certificate,  maybe send your own copy just for in case. Don't accept their BS explanation of "WES has never asked for the Diploma Certificate" yeah right! Anyway, DHL is picking up the certificate tomorrow and hopefully we are not going to loose too much time over this.

MaryJane

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience with CIMA South Africa.

Your agent is correct to ask you to submit the diploma/certificate yourselves. I did the same with regards my WES report. I sent the copies of the diploma/degree myself and just asked the institutions for the transcripts in a sealed envelope. 

Granted a lot has changed in 6 years. And I wasn't really in much hurry to get WES done so I just snail mailed the copies of the certificate/degree to WES. Ah, those were the days. Different times, different immigration rules.

Anyways, hope everything works out for you guys as it should. You'll feel a whole lot better once the docs get to WES in a few days. Hang tight!

Amy G

@jimmy You can fax a copy of the diploma to WES, it doesn't need to be couriered ☺️

jimmy

Hi @Amy G, that's interesting.... I contacted WES asking them whether I can email the document to them. Haven't heard anything from them yet, but on their website they clearly state that they do not accept any electronic documents. Everything must by mailed to them in a sealed envelope....

I already booked and paid for DHL and don't want this thing dragging on longer, unfortunately that is the price i have to pay. But I do want to get confirmation from them about the accepting faxes.... 

image002.jpg

jimmy

AARGHH 🙈

Capture.JPG