Sign in to follow this  
GeorgieB

Applying for Express Entry

GeorgieB

Hi everyone 😊

My husband and I are in the process of applying for EE. We have 443 points would it be advisable to both submit profiles and see who gets chosen first. I was not aware I needed to send my degree to Wes as well so I will be doing that soon. My husbands report should be ready on the 20 August and we are writing out ielts on the 18th. Should I get our work references ready in the mean time? This whole processes is a bit overwhelming and any advice would be appreciated. ❤️

M-N

Hi.  Welcome to the race. ;) that's pretty good points, is that with your hubby as main applicant? 

There's no harm in getting everything together. Only thing I'd wait with is PCC and medicals. I'd wait till you receive ITA just because they expire and you don't know when you'll receive ITA. For now WES and language test is crucial because you can't submit without them and you'll both will need to do it if you're planning on submitting both profiles. 

Best of luck and enjoy the ride.  

GeorgieB

@M-N Thanks it's a crazy ride 😅 yes he is the main applicant. I was a bit worried about our points but thanks for the clarity. Only issue is he is turning 30 in December so I was thinking maybe I should also apply and see who gets chosen first. Because we both have enough points. 

M-N
22 hours ago, GeorgieB said:

@M-N Thanks it's a crazy ride 😅 yes he is the main applicant. I was a bit worried about our points but thanks for the clarity. Only issue is he is turning 30 in December so I was thinking maybe I should also apply and see who gets chosen first. Because we both have enough points. 

Good plan.  Best of luck! 

Kitcat

It certainly doesn't hurt to start getting everything together now, especially as it's now reverted to 60 days post-ITA to get all your documents submitted, so the less you have to do once you receive your ITA, the better. Do you have your unabridged marriage certificate? That was something that took us six months to get from Home Affairs, so definitely something to try organise as soon as you can. Good luck! Just make your list of things to do and take it one step at a time :)