Odijonk

Increase number Visas denied to Canada for Saffers

Odijonk

Good day fellow Saffers.... is it just me or have you also read more posts of Visas being denied... Visitors, work permit ect... anybody have any in cling why? 

GrantM
Posted (edited)

I have a couple of theories, none of which are based on any facts just observations.

• With the refugee situation in Canada I think IRCC is getting stricter as to who they are wiling to let enter the country. They have their hands full right now.
  • Given the current state of SA and the fact that some South Africans have tried to claim asylum would make IRCC investigate further to ensure "visitors" will actually return to SA and not try and overstay their visa/apply for asylum.
  • A country would not readily deny tourist visas if there is no risk associated with the traveler in question - after all it brings money into the country. So they must have a valid reason for being stricter/denying more application.
Edited by GrantM
  • Like 1

AnelleR2008

I agree with Grant.   I think that South Africans have shot themselves (and others, not involved) in the foot with the whole asylum thing and proclaiming far and wide that they HAVE to leave SA by any means possible.  It has created an atmosphere that they would break the law to be able to stay in Canada. 
This is also based on observations only. 

• Like 1

Jules

My daughter got married recently and several family members from SA planned to visit for the wedding.  

2 out of 7 were denied a tourist visa despite having an invitation letter from me and a legit wedding invitation. 

• Like 1

GrantM
14 hours ago, Jules said:

My daughter got married recently and several family members from SA planned to visit for the wedding.  

2 out of 7 were denied a tourist visa despite having an invitation letter from me and a legit wedding invitation. 

Holy cow!

Odijonk

I must say that looking at it from what you have said it makes sense and it is really so sad as i have read many comments of visas being declined... Ai Toggie!!! well i must admit that having an approved labour market impact assessment document and sitting in a position of having a denied visa is soooo stressful. even if you indicate you have intent to apply for PR... we already have work and could take it further but like i say very frustrating... reminder that the LMIA is only for 6 monts... 😔 tnx for your input it helps to see how one can add additional supporting info to satisfy the immigration officer.