Perry

May 2018 applications/AORs

Feto

Hi @IsabelE,

We recieved our acknowledgement of reciept on the 23rd Sep.

TarrynLeitch

Not so happy 6 months to us 🥂

Anyone else here in May still on background check status - not started? 

IsabelE

Hi @TarrynLeitch, I just saw a comment on the Canadavisa forum where a call agent told someone the timeline can stretch from 6 months to a year. We are in the same boat, will reach 6 months on Sunday. Its difficult to look at immitracker and see all the PPRs of people who applied so much later and in our group there is no movement.

Have you tried calling CIC, or ordering notes?

Edited by IsabelE

TarrynLeitch

Hi @IsabelE

Agreed, the wait is agonizing and it it very difficult to not obsess...

I have ordered notes which should be ready 5 December. I also emailed Ottawa visa office (ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and replied the same day. They confirmed that my application is being processed there and not in Pretoria. They couldn't tell me much more other than they dont need more documents form me.

Wishing you all the best for your application too😉I think I need a box of patience for Christmas 🎁 

Kitcat
2 hours ago, TarrynLeitch said:

Hi @IsabelE

Agreed, the wait is agonizing and it it very difficult to not obsess...

I have ordered notes which should be ready 5 December. I also emailed Ottawa visa office (ottawa@cic.gc.ca) and replied the same day. They confirmed that my application is being processed there and not in Pretoria. They couldn't tell me much more other than they dont need more documents form me.

Wishing you all the best for your application too😉I think I need a box of patience for Christmas 🎁 

That's at least a positive that they don't require any further documents from you, so I'm hopeful you will hear something soon - what a lovely Christmas present that golden email will be! As you know, I'm right there with you in this waiting game - Our AOR is 4 April so Monday will mark eight months for us with no PPR yet.

• Like 1

Dnp

Hi All,

Anyone here of May AOR being processed at Pretoria local visa office?

I am 23 May AOR and my application moved to Pretoria local visa office on the 21 June. 

I have been IP1 Since June, When I checked with Pretoria I am told that applications are being processed in the order of reception, I am in a queue and I should be patient.

IsabelE

Hi, this is very disturbing.  We have a 2 June AOR and as far as we know our file is still at Sydney, NS. I thought they are the only office that is taking so much longer than the normal 6 months. The difficult part is now that you completed the 6 month timeline there is no indication of how long the processing time will be. I hope someone who recently receuved PPR from Pretoria will reply to tell you about their AOR.

Good luck woth the rest of the waiting!

StuartW

I have been in Canada for close to 2 months now, AOR 4th May,

I still come and check this almost weekly to see how you guys are going with your application, I am crossing fingers that the all the long waiting will hear soon!

By the way, whilst I was watching avidly during my wait, I saw time and time again that Pretoria processing is slow, unfortunately you will just need to hang in there.

Kitcat
20 hours ago, Dnp said:

Hi All,

Anyone here of May AOR being processed at Pretoria local visa office?

I am 23 May AOR and my application moved to Pretoria local visa office on the 21 June. 

I have been IP1 Since June, When I checked with Pretoria I am told that applications are being processed in the order of reception, I am in a queue and I should be patient.

Hi @Dnp, our AOR is 4 April and we’re still awaiting our PPR. As far as we understand from our GCMS notes, our application is being processed in Ottawa. It doesn’t look like our file has been touched since around end of June. I know it’s probably not much comfort to you, but just thought I’d share to let you know you’re not alone in the long wait. Hope you hear some good news soon! 

Edited by Kitcat

Dnp

Hi @ StuartW   Thanks for your support

Hi @Kitcat      Thank you and all the best for you as well.

Hi IsabelE       Thank you for your kind words.

Has any of you tried contacting a member of parliament for the town you are planing to settle in?

Kitcat
10 hours ago, Dnp said:

Has any of you tried contacting a member of parliament for the town you are planing to settle in?

Our agent has done this on our behalf and we’re awaiting a response.

IsabelE
11 hours ago, Dnp said:

Hi @Dnp

We contacted Ralph, but the feedback from him was just to say we have to wait for security and there is no indication as to how long this can take.

Can a member of parliament expedite the process? Then we will definitely look into that.