Perry

May 2018 applications/AORs

petiepiper

Woke up to a sneaky passport request email this morning, :)  online profile has not changed yet so I assume there is a bit of a lag?

We will be sending all the documents to VFS today. Any idea what the processing time is?

NW18
4 hours ago, petiepiper said:

Woke up to a sneaky passport request email this morning, :)  online profile has not changed yet so I assume there is a bit of a lag?

We will be sending all the documents to VFS today. Any idea what the processing time is?

Congratulations 😀 so it was very quick from IP2 to PPR. Keep us posted about your progress 

StuartW

@petiepiper min was something like 3 days. its not long at all

petiepiper
23 hours ago, NW18 said:

Congratulations 😀 so it was very quick from IP2 to PPR. Keep us posted about your progress 

Thanks, will do!

petiepiper
5 hours ago, StuartW said:

@petiepiper min was something like 3 days. its not long at all

Thanks, I hope so :) 

IsabelE
On 9/18/2018 at 4:49 PM, Jellybeans said:

Changed to IP2 today. One step closer!

Hi @Jellybeans any update after IP2?

petiepiper

Passports ready for collection! flights to Edmonton booked for the 17th October for Landing. 

NW18
50 minutes ago, petiepiper said:

Passports ready for collection! flights to Edmonton booked for the 17th October for Landing. 

Congratulations! All the very best 😀 pleasenpost is a landing story once you get there. Excited for you guys!

Reibtseb
8 hours ago, petiepiper said:

Make sure you are ready for snow :P

petiepiper
On 10/2/2018 at 9:16 PM, Reibtseb said:

Make sure you are ready for snow :P

Lol! yup, we're prepared for the Northern Alberta winter (town of High Level)!

• Haha 1

TarrynLeitch

Everyone's success stories are so inspiring! BIG CONGRATS to all who have been accepted! I have a question, hopefully someone can help/relate!

Currently......

AOR: 29 May 18

Medicals passed:11 June 18 (Last change on our profile)

Backround check status:"We will message you when we start your backgroud check"

Who else's background check hasnt even started after 5 months😥 What does this even mean?

I logged a "technical website ticket", and a week later they replied saying there is no error on my profile, they have all my info, and I must just keep waiting.....sigh

IsabelE
3 minutes ago, TarrynLeitch said:

Everyone's success stories are so inspiring! BIG CONGRATS to all who have been accepted! I have a question, hopefully someone can help/relate!

Currently......

AOR: 29 May 18

Medicals passed:11 June 18 (Last change on our profile)

Backround check status:"We will message you when we start your backgroud check"

Who else's background check hasnt even started after 5 months😥 What does this even mean?

I logged a "technical website ticket", and a week later they replied saying there is no error on my profile, they have all my info, and I must just keep waiting.....sigh

Hi @TarrynLeitch

Our AOR is 2 June. I know the waiting is very frustrating, especially because it seems like there is no specific order in which they process the applications .  The longer we wait the more we expect to hear something, that is the worst part of this time in the process. 

We are in IP2 according to our profile but I don't even know if that means anything, some people get straight ppr without ever changing to IP2. 

I'm sure you will hear something before you reach your 6 month mark. Good luck with the last bit of waiting!

• Like 1

NadiaE

Hi Everyone

I'm just adding our story to the pile. We are just past the 5.5 months (174 days) mark .

AOR - 23 May 2018

Medicals passed - 3 June

Background check in progress - 11 Sept

We have had no communication other than these updates. I emailed the visa office on 25 July to ask where our application is being processed and did not get a reply back. We ordered our GCMS notes on 22 Oct and are hoping that we will get some insight from them at least. Honestly we are hoping that we get an answer before we receive the notes. 

Congrats to everyone who got that golden email! We are especially jealous of the people who got it so fast, the wait/limbo is agonizing. 

Edited by NadiaE
  • Like 1

Feto

Good Day All,

Sorry I'm a little new to all the lingo...

Can someone explain what the below means in terms of status?

image.thumb.png.2ae4b1c78e5fc524ead56d35b3849f76.png

Thank You...

IsabelE
35 minutes ago, Feto said:

Good Day All,

Thank You...

Normally it would mean IP2, which is that last stage before PPR, but I'm not sure if that still indicates anything and if the process is a little different for people who had to submit biometrics. 

Maybe someone else can give their input.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:55 PM, NadiaE said:

Hi Everyone

I'm just adding our story to the pile. We are just past the 5.5 months (174 days) mark .

AOR - 23 May 2018

Medicals passed - 3 June

Background check in progress - 11 Sept

We have had no communication other than these updates. I emailed the visa office on 25 July to ask where our application is being processed and did not get a reply back. We ordered our GCMS notes on 22 Oct and are hoping that we will get some insight from them at least. Honestly we are hoping that we get an answer before we receive the notes. 

Congrats to everyone who got that golden email! We are especially jealous of the people who got it so fast, the wait/limbo is agonizing. 

Good luck with the rest of the wait @NadiaE It would be so much easier if the applications were processed in a certain order. We are June 2, and are waiting for the Sydney CIO.

NW18
2 hours ago, Feto said:

Good Day All,

Thank You...

Yes it is "IP2" basically just indicating that this is the last stage then you receive your golden email. There is not hard and fast rule as to how many days its will take to recieve that PPR email. In our case it was just over 10 days. You are in the last stages of the process. good luck! :)

Edited by NW18
spelling error

NadiaE

Just an update, we received the ‘golden’ PPR email at 05:27 this morning!!! After hoping, wishing and waiting for it this long (176 days) it still feels unreal to actually get it. 

Now we need to get our passports to Pretoria. I will need to study the vfs website first. The PPR email very specifically says “Warning: We do not accept passports and documents couriered to our office nor do we send visa packages by courier.” This is obviously a bit of a problem as I stay in Port Elizabeth. But I’m sure they have some sort of mechanism to solve this. Has anyone perhaps had also encountered this issue, and if so what was the solution?

Good luck to everyone else!!!

• Like 2

NW18

Congratulations @NadiaE It’s an exciting time and such a relief to see that golden email.

the process wih VFS is very simple. I will post a link to a post that will guide you. 

Use this link 

helped me a lot. I followed all the instructions and used Postnet. Got COPR within10 days.

Edited by NW18

IsabelE

Great news @NadiaE, congratulations! Good luck with all the new plans and arrangements. 

MelanieJoy
4 hours ago, NadiaE said:

Just an update, we received the ‘golden’ PPR email at 05:27 this morning!!! After hoping, wishing and waiting for it this long (176 days) it still feels unreal to actually get it. 

Now we need to get our passports to Pretoria. I will need to study the vfs website first. The PPR email very specifically says “Warning: We do not accept passports and documents couriered to our office nor do we send visa packages by courier.” This is obviously a bit of a problem as I stay in Port Elizabeth. But I’m sure they have some sort of mechanism to solve this. Has anyone perhaps had also encountered this issue, and if so what was the solution?

Hi Nadia,  We also stay in PE and used Postnet Walmer to send our passports to Pretoria. They were so efficient and already knew the process so I would definitely recommend using them. :)

NadiaE

Thank you everyone! @MelanieJoy did you use the vfs courier service to get your passports back or did you include a postnet sleeve with you address in the envelope so that the visa office can simply send it through them?

hdub07
8 hours ago, NadiaE said:

That warning refers to the Canadian consulates in SA. VFS acts on their behalf, and VFS accept passports couriered to them. I used postnet to send my passports to VFS  

I paid VFS for sms updates. Didn’t get any updates so don’t bother with that. I also paid for them (VFS) to courier my passport back to me... that was a nightmare. They claimed it was sent on the Monday, but the courier had no idea I even existed until the Thursday so maybe arrange your own courier to fetch your processed document pack. 

Edited by hdub07

Feto

Good Morning,

Thank you for the replies @NW18; @IsabelE... We are hopeful still to hear something by month end... :ilikeit:

Congrats @NadiaE, wish you all the best with the final stretch and planning.

IsabelE

What is you AOR @Feto ?

MelanieJoy
23 hours ago, NadiaE said:

Thank you everyone! @MelanieJoy did you use the vfs courier service to get your passports back or did you include a postnet sleeve with you address in the envelope so that the visa office can simply send it through them?

We did everything through Postnet and didn't use the VFS courier service. Postnet gave us a form to fill in giving them permission to collect on our behalf. So as soon as our passports were ready, I just gave Postnet a call and they collected for us. Very efficient! Had them back within 10 days :)