Perry

May 2018 applications/AORs

Recommended Posts

Kitcat
6 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Surely there are more of us from January to May still waiting? 

Even on the myimmitracker there are so few South African's on there.

It makes it difficult to try work out stats / average waiting periods. 

It's so difficult to tell as every case is different and it also depends on where an application is being processed. In our case we had a very random inquiry from the CIC about our marriage certificate, which we believe pushed us back in the queue. It does appear that those being processed in Ottawa are getting through quicker, but then, from what we can tell, our application is currently sitting in Ottawa, and we've been waiting over five months...

If there is one thing this whole process is teaching me, it's patience - although some days are easier than others... ;) 

Edited by Kitcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hdub07
1 hour ago, Kitcat said:

If there is one thing this whole process is teaching me, it's patience - although some days are easier than others... ;) 

I’m a patient person in general, but this process has tested me. It gets even more frustrating when you see people who get PPR within a month of AoR. 

It will be 6 months for me on 21 September. I’m waiting for that date before I apply for GCMS notes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Conrada
57 minutes ago, hdub07 said:

I’m a patient person in general, but this process has tested me. It gets even more frustrating when you see people who get PPR within a month of AoR. 

It will be 6 months for me on 21 September. I’m waiting for that date before I apply for GCMS notes. 

Me after about three and a half months...

Waiting for confirmation.bmp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitcat
1 hour ago, hdub07 said:

I’m a patient person in general, but this process has tested me. It gets even more frustrating when you see people who get PPR within a month of AoR. 

It will be 6 months for me on 21 September. I’m waiting for that date before I apply for GCMS notes. 

Have you had any movement on your profile...moved into IP2 yet? Hopefully now that summer holidays are over, things may start picking up again. It seems things moved a lot faster towards the end of last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hdub07
54 minutes ago, Kitcat said:

Have you had any movement on your profile...moved into IP2 yet? Hopefully now that summer holidays are over, things may start picking up again. It seems things moved a lot faster towards the end of last year.

Still not in IP2 yet. Haven’t heard anything since 27 March. Hopefully there will be some news soon for all of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohanR
1 hour ago, Kitcat said:

Have you had any movement on your profile...moved into IP2 yet? Hopefully now that summer holidays are over, things may start picking up again. It seems things moved a lot faster towards the end of last year.

When we did ours it felt the exact same way. We got ours on the dot 6 Months from submission of all the docs. Others got theirs within a month. The process is frustrating I know, just hang in there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitcat
1 hour ago, hdub07 said:

Still not in IP2 yet. Haven’t heard anything since 27 March. Hopefully there will be some news soon for all of us. 

Sometimes they don’t update the online profile, so perhaps you’ll get a nice surprise email very soon when you’re least expecting it  😉

Edited by Kitcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NW18

Hi guys. We just need to hang in there. A friend of mine revived his PPE email two days ago. He applied from india. FSW-O. My aor date is the same, 23 June, but I am stuck in IP1 since 12 July.  Another friend from India applied on 13 June but still In IP1.

each case is inquiring but it’s only natural for us all to track and stay hopeful.

I can see that some others are waiting much longer. 6 months is a long time😬 hoping for some movement this month. Always staying positive, never know I might have that golden mail waiting in my inbox before month end 😀

Good luck to all those who are playing the waiting game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NW18

Sorry don’t know why the post went multiple times 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaryJane
1 hour ago, NW18 said:

Sorry don’t know why the post went multiple times 🙈

Got all excited and pressing Enter a few times will do that 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IsabelE
21 hours ago, Kitcat said:

It's so difficult to tell as every case is different and it also depends on where an application is being processed. In our case we had a very random inquiry from the CIC about our marriage certificate, which we believe pushed us back in the queue. It does appear that those being processed in Ottawa are getting through quicker, but then, from what we can tell, our application is currently sitting in Ottawa, and we've been waiting over five months...

If there is one thing this whole process is teaching me, it's patience - although some days are easier than others... ;) 

How can you tell where they are processing the application?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitcat

You can email the Pretoria visa office on PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca to find out if you're being processed there - it's a bit hit and miss as to whether they will respond or not. Alternately, phone the IRCC on +1 (613) 944-4000 - it's best to phone through Google Hangouts as you're in for about a half hour wait to speak to an agent. Remember to have all your info on hand - UIC and application numbers, birth date and full names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jellybeans

This waiting is driving me nuts and we are only on 4 months. I can only find 1 or 2 applicants from March / April still waiting. And not that many from May either. Are there not hundreds of us waiting for PPR? 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NW18

@Jellybeans I was also looking at Immitracker and only saw 6 profiles. Not all are putting out that info. I am sure there are quite a few of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jellybeans

Changed to IP2 today. One step closer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IsabelE
52 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Changed to IP2 today. One step closer!

Great news!! It's good to know there is progress! I'm sure your PPR is now due any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NW18
57 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Changed to IP2 today. One step closer!

PPR isn’t too far away now. Holding thumbs up for you 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hdub07
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

Changed to IP2 today. One step closer!

Excellent news! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Conrada

I moved to IP2 some time last week and finally got the CPCO-FinalRequest email today!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jellybeans

That's fantastic! 🙂 We are AOR 14 May so I'm hoping our PPR comes soon then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NW18
1 hour ago, Conrada said:

I moved to IP2 some time last week and finally got the CPCO-FinalRequest email today!

Oh that’s great news. Do you know your visa office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Conrada
23 hours ago, NW18 said:

Oh that’s great news. Do you know your visa office?

Thanks everyone!

The mail that I received said that if I have any problem to issue my passport in the next 30 days I should email the Pretoria office. So I'm guessing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NW18
13 minutes ago, Conrada said:

Thanks everyone!

The mail that I received said that if I have any problem to issue my passport in the next 30 days I should email the Pretoria office. So I'm guessing them.

Thanks Conrada. Good luck with evrything😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petiepiper
On 9/18/2018 at 4:49 PM, Jellybeans said:

Changed to IP2 today. One step closer!

Exciting times! Our BG Status has changed to either IP1 or IP2, not sure which one... wither way, its progress!!  

I see that they are busy updating the website today, I have a feeling that there will be a lot of good news later today ;) 

image.png.0806fd43f8cefaeff469cec69d9bfc99.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petiepiper
On 9/19/2018 at 7:31 AM, Conrada said:

I moved to IP2 some time last week and finally got the CPCO-FinalRequest email today!

Congratulations!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now