Perry

May 2018 applications/AORs

Perry
Posted (edited)

Hi all

Seeing as there's no thread for that month.

Got an email asking for more documentation on Friday night and saw my background check status had changed to"; "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I think that puts us at the IP2 stage.

Anyone else who was AOR in May might like to check if they've updated too. @StuartW I think you're that month, not sure who else is.

Edited by Perry

StuartW

Hi PErry,

Just checked my side, no movement. But my account does say it does not need anymore documents, I am just waiting for the Background check to start (has not yet). I got my AOR close to the beginning of May, how about you?

MartinG

Seems like there is no real trend between the various applications and time lines. Seems PPR could take anywhere from 2 to 8 months!

Perry
12 hours ago, StuartW said:

Hi PErry,

Just checked my side, no movement. But my account does say it does not need anymore documents, I am just waiting for the Background check to start (has not yet). I got my AOR close to the beginning of May, how about you?

We were 23rd of May, they asked for an additional family information form.  I have an idea what they wanted to confirm but they weren't explicit.

Kitcat
17 hours ago, Perry said:

I think that puts us at the IP2 stage.

Yup, that's IP2. We're also at IP2, although our AOR is 4 April. Our status changed to processing background check about a month ago.

I know at least two South African couples who applied in May and have received their PPR already, so good luck guys!

Perry
3 hours ago, Kitcat said:

Yup, that's IP2. We're also at IP2, although our AOR is 4 April. Our status changed to processing background check about a month ago.

I know at least two South African couples who applied in May and have received their PPR already, so good luck guys!

You too!

Conrada

Hey Peeps,

My AOR is also 23 May but haven't heard anything since I passed my medicals about two weeks after submitting. Here's hoping to hear something soon!

Good luck everyone!

StuartW

I got our IP2 status sometime this week. Also hoping that it will be soon, but I have seen even IP2 stage can take some time

Dnp

Good day good people,

My AOR was on the 23 May 2018, I am a provincial nominee. I passed Medical and my file was transferred to Pretoria on the 21/June/2018

After the 21/06/2018, it has been total silent. My IP2 not started yet. Any idea about the processing time for a Provincial nominee, my understanding is that most candidates in this forum are under the Federal skilled workers program. I have heard that Pretoria processes application in the order of reception of the applications.

hdub07
21 minutes ago, Dnp said:

I have heard that Pretoria processes application in the order of reception of the applications.

Perhaps... perhaps not. There have been applicants who've applied in May who've been have updates/approvals before those who have applied in Feb/March. 

Perry

Well, got a letter requesting that we prepare out passport and photograph packet for VFS.  The application status on IRCC hasn't changed though, which seems a bit odd but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Jowey Lewis

@Dnp I am also Express entry Provincial Nominee but have only sent my PR application on 30th July (AOR 11 July).  It will be interesting to know if the two are processed the same way although IRCC has advised that all express entry applications are processed within 6 months.... Best of luck!

StuartW

@perry is that not a PPR though? I read somewhere that often the email is the only notice you get for PPR and then your account updates after they processed that? Can any other folks that received PPR confirm this?

Perry
6 hours ago, StuartW said:

@perry is that not a PPR though? I read somewhere that often the email is the only notice you get for PPR and then your account updates after they processed that? Can any other folks that received PPR confirm this?

That seems the case from what I’ve googled. Was just a bit surprised at it not being an account update 

StuartW

well Congrats! :)

Kitcat
On 8/10/2018 at 4:26 PM, Perry said:

Well, got a letter requesting that we prepare out passport and photograph packet for VFS.  The application status on IRCC hasn't changed though, which seems a bit odd but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Congrats, @Perry, that's awesome! It often doesn't change on your profile for a while - these days they say the profile info/changes aren't always consistent with the emails ot where they actually are in the processing chain, but seems you've got your PPR! We're still stuck in IP2 - been there for about six weeks now, hoping that this is the week we have some good news... :( 

Perry
3 hours ago, Kitcat said:

Congrats, @Perry, that's awesome! It often doesn't change on your profile for a while - these days they say the profile info/changes aren't always consistent with the emails ot where they actually are in the processing chain, but seems you've got your PPR! We're still stuck in IP2 - been there for about six weeks now, hoping that this is the week we have some good news... :( 

Holding thumbs for you guys.

StuartW

Oh thought I should add, I also got PPR last week, but same as Perry, Got an email, no notification on the site...

Anyone know how long it takes to get Passports back? I hear you can wait a month still

• Like 2