Sign in to follow this  
MartinG

July 2018 Applications

IsabelE
41 minutes ago, NW18 said:

My aor date is 22 June and meds passed on 11 July, ip1 since 12 July. When I called and asked Teju told me that only meds are passed. Eligibility and criminality check yet to begin and that the application is still in preliminary stages 😔 I know it’s 6 months on average but this wait is painful. Feel like life is on hold.time is passing very slowly.

Yes!! It makes it so difficult to plan for the future while waiting for something as life changing as this. Good luck! I hope you hear something soon. Please keep us posted. 

ateotia

Hi All,

Just wanted to share this as I have been through this, my aor was Jan 11th and PPR was on 23rd July and was processed in Pretoria. If your application is lucky and is processed in Ottawa, you can expect the PPR 3-4 months onwards, if it moves to Pretoria, expect it to take around 6 months from AOR date, this is the speed Pretoria processed applications are taking for Jan/Feb AOR candidates. So followup with CIC will tollfree number to see where your application is, Godspeed with all of your applications!

• Like 1

NW18
2 hours ago, ateotia said:

Hi All,

Just wanted to share this as I have been through this, my aor was Jan 11th and PPR was on 23rd July and was processed in Pretoria. If your application is lucky and is processed in Ottawa, you can expect the PPR 3-4 months onwards, if it moves to Pretoria, expect it to take around 6 months from AOR date, this is the speed Pretoria processed applications are taking for Jan/Feb AOR candidates. So followup with CIC will tollfree number to see where your application is, Godspeed with all of your applications!

Thanks for sharing. 

IsabelE
2 hours ago, ateotia said:

Hi All,

Thank you! And congrats with your PR, good luck with the new chapter!

Jeandre

Just received passport back with COPR this morning. Have a permanent smile engraved on my face now :P :P Feels like forever has passed since I made the decision way back, but all in all the process was actually relatively quick and painless. Thought I'd share the timeline:

2018-02-01: WES evaluation submitted and couriered.

2018-03-15: WES evaluation complete and returned.

2018-04-07: IELTS test in CPT

2018-04-20: IELTS test result returned

2018-05-09: EE profile create and submitted

2018-05-10: CRC submitted to PTA

2018-05-11: EE profile updated with sibling info to increase score

2018-05-23: ITA received

2018-05-29: CRC clearance received and returned

2018-06-05: Medical tests

2018-06-11: Finally received unabridged birth certificate (took more than 4 months)

2018-06-11: PR application submitted

2018-06-12: AOR recieved

2018-06-24: Medical passed

2018-08-10: PPR

2018-08-23: Passport sent to PTA VAC

2018-08-28: Notified that PR approved and COPR sent - loud yelling, fist bumping the air :P

2018-08-30: COPR and passport returned

Next stop, landing trip end Sep.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help received thus far - really makes a big difference. :) 

Edited by Jeandre
  • Like 1

NW18
52 minutes ago, Jeandre said:

Just received passport back with COPR this morning. Have a permanent smile engraved on my face now :P :P Feels like forever has passed since I made the decision way back, but all in all the process was actually relatively quick and painless. Thought I'd share the timeline:

2018-06-11: Finally received unabridged birth certificate (took more than 4 months)

2018-08-28: Notified that PR approved and COPR sent - loud yelling, fist bumping the air :P

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help received thus far - really makes a big difference. :) 

Congratulations. Wish you all the luck with your landing. Don’t forget to keep us posted.

waiting eagerly for our golden email 🤞🏻. 69 days and couting since AOR date.... thank you for giving us hope 😀

petiepiper
2 hours ago, Jeandre said:

Wow Congratulations! how did you manage to get this processed so quickly? we have AOR on 7 May 2018 but only passed medicals since then.. :(  super eager to get this process wrapped..

StuartW

Congrats !!! See you over there 😋

• Thanks 1

Jeandre
3 hours ago, petiepiper said:

Wow Congratulations! how did you manage to get this processed so quickly? we have AOR on 7 May 2018 but only passed medicals since then.. :(  super eager to get this process wrapped..

Thanks. :) To be honest, I have no idea. I was expecting it to come though somewhere in Sep, as I read/summized the average waiting time (baring any complications) is roughly 3 months after AOR. Was quite (happily) surprised when it came through as quickly as it did.

Good luck that side. The wait is terrible, I know. 🙈

NW18

Yes this wait is really patience testing 😔 see you there soon!

• Like 1

NW18

Any update for anyone? 🤓

MartinG

Nothing since the 24th July.

Edited by MartinG

IsabelE
14 hours ago, NW18 said:

Any update for anyone? 🤓

Nothing yet. A little more than 3 months now.

Jellybeans

I am AOR 14 May. Still nothing 😞

IsabelE
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I am AOR 14 May. Still nothing 😞

I don't know how accurate this is but according to Immitracker they are now busy with PPRs for May to July. I hoped we will get an update this month (AOR 2 June) but if people from May is still waiting ... 

Good luck, I hope you get that email soon!

20180913_113236.jpg

Kitcat
4 hours ago, IsabelE said:

I don't know how accurate this is but according to Immitracker they are now busy with PPRs for May to July. I hoped we will get an update this month (AOR 2 June) but if people from May is still waiting ... 

Good luck, I hope you get that email soon!

20180913_113236.jpg

Our AOR is April and we’re still waiting 😐

IsabelE
3 hours ago, Kitcat said:

Our AOR is April and we’re still waiting 😐

Agge nee, so we can expect at least 2 more months before an update🙄 Good luck, I really hope to hear that you get that email soon!

• Like 1

MelanieJoy

Any update? We moved to IP2 on Saturday 29 September. AOR 5 June.

NW18

Nothing new. 100 days post Meds Passed. Still in IP1 😔. Atleast you have moved to IP2 which is good news. Our AOR date is 22june. What about you?

MelanieJoy
17 hours ago, NW18 said:

Nothing new. 100 days post Meds Passed. Still in IP1 😔. Atleast you have moved to IP2 which is good news. Our AOR date is 22june. What about you?

Our AOR date is 5 June. Hopefully the move to IP2 leads to PR and not another long wait! Sure you will see movement soon as your AOR date is just after ours

IsabelE
22 hours ago, MelanieJoy said:

Any update? We moved to IP2 on Saturday 29 September. AOR 5 June.

Great news! Now you know there is progress and ppr is not far away. Our AOR is 2 June but no updates yet. Please let us know when you get the next email 😆 

NW18
1 hour ago, MelanieJoy said:

Our AOR date is 5 June. Hopefully the move to IP2 leads to PR and not another long wait! Sure you will see movement soon as your AOR date is just after ours

Thanks @MelanieJoy Yes let’s keep a positive outlook 😀. Keep us posted on progress. Hoping to join your Ip2 club soon.

NW18
5 hours ago, MelanieJoy said:

How does one know by looking at their profile that it’s moved to IP2??

IsabelE

The backgroud check status is diffirent. In IP1: application is in progress, will let you know once we start with background check. In IP2: we are processing your background check...

NW18
53 minutes ago, IsabelE said:

The backgroud check status is diffirent. In IP1: application is in progress, will let you know once we start with background check. In IP2: we are processing your background check...

Thanks @IsabelE makes sense.