MartinG

July 2018 Applications

Feto

Good Morning...

Looks like our profile is one of the few that does not have a progress bar. Unless I somehow missed it.

Any news from any-one with a late Sep AOR?

logan
23 minutes ago, MartinG said:

new EE progress bar compares between the different applicants.

Went to check out our profile immediately after we got the "progress bar now available" email. No progress bar that I can see...where is it supposed to show up? Anybody else's missing?

logan
10 minutes ago, Feto said:

Looks like our profile is one of the few that does not have a progress bar. Unless I somehow missed it.

Ah! At least we're not alone...

MartinG

If you click on view status of your application, then it shows at the top. Like so:

image.thumb.png.5eb5db90bb6900eac2afcf577a37b754.png

• Thanks 1

logan
5 hours ago, MartinG said:

I applied under the Federal Skilled Trades and received AOR on the 20th July. They now say I should have an answer by the 20th January 2019 - 38 days!

Hmmm...that looks suspiciously like 180 - (days(today - submission_date)). I.e. always a static 6 months from AOR to PPR.

o_O

MartinG

My point exactly ...

• Haha 1

IsabelE
19 hours ago, MartinG said:

Would be interesting to find out how this new EE progress bar compares between the different applicants. Is it a simple algorithm that just looks at back log and current processing speed, or does it also look at application stream, number of applicants/dependents etc. - in other words how accurate it is at the end of the day.

I applied under the Federal Skilled Trades and received AOR on the 20th July. They now say I should have an answer by the 20th January 2019 - 38 days!

How does your estimate compare?

Our estimation on the bar is 2 Dec. Just have a full progress bar, and on top of it a notice saying our applicafion is taking longer than usual. No idea or indication as to how much longer...

All the other people from 2 June is also waiting (exept usa residents), so I doubt that it is a problem specific to our application.

The progress bar for FSW is just a visual of the 6 months standard processing. 

I hope you are lucky and your application gets processed within you timeframe😉

Feto

Yeah.... Finally saw the progress bar... LOS... even i could calculate that in excel... with a nice little graph...

🤪

Jowey Lewis

The progress bar is not saying much beside reminding us of mathematics : like 6 minus 4 = 2 (and there is a "by the way". If you click on the "explanation" it says: this estimate time may vary depending on ... ). May help them as a reminder perhaps they will be receiving some kind of notification when it hits the 6 months but it definitely does not assist applicants in any way. Anyway, happy festive season to y'all :). 

Edited by Jowey Lewis
Typing mistake*

IsabelE

Anyone on here who passed the 6 months processing time and recently spoke to an agent? I saw on other forums the feedback some applicants with longer processing times are getting from call centre is that they should expect a decision in 6 months (standard time) +3  months.

I would like to see if someone here received a similar timeline from them.

Kitcat

Hi @IsabelE, we are currently still waiting - nine months since our AOR on 4 April. The agent we’re working through managed to get through to a CIC agent on the phone and they informed her that our background checks are complete and cleared but they’re still looking at eligibility - we’re not quite sure what to make of it, but we were informed that there will hopefully be news very soon. So we really are holding thumbs to hear something any day now, but there really doesn’t seem to be any consistency in how cases are processed. All the best, it really is a patience testing exercise!

KelvinK

Timeline...

Hi all

I wanted to post my timeline a while back, but it's been hectic planning our landing/move to Canada. Here's a quick summary:

Applied/Entered EE pool in Oct 2017 with CRS 441.

Withdrew application (with the hopes for provincial nomination) in March 2018

ITA 23 May 2018

AOR/Accepted ITA 23 July 2018

Medical Passed 23 August 2018

Not sure when I went into IP2

PPR 14 November 2018

Since then I've opened a newcomers bank account with RBC from SA. We've booked flights to Toronto - landing on 1 Feb 2019. We're renting an apartment in downtown Toronto via AirBnB for the first month. Hoping to get jobs as soon as we can in order to ease the process of renting an apartment in the long term.

All the best for those of you still waiting for your PR email!

• Like 2

MartinG

Hi,

Just a quick update - Received the GCMS notes from Deanne and for 7 months, nothing at all has happened on the file. Seems as if the file is lost in limbo... I've sent them a mail and will see what the outcome is.

The GCMS Notes seems positive, but it is so frustrating realizing that the wheel you thought was slowly turning was in fact stuck... months ago!

Kitcat
13 hours ago, MartinG said:

Hi,

Just a quick update - Received the GCMS notes from Deanne and for 7 months, nothing at all has happened on the file. Seems as if the file is lost in limbo... I've sent them a mail and will see what the outcome is.

The GCMS Notes seems positive, but it is so frustrating realizing that the wheel you thought was slowly turning was in fact stuck... months ago!

Glad to hear that things seem positive in the notes, but I know how frustrating it can be when it doesn't seem like anything has been done on your application for months. We're in the same boat. Our AOR is April 2018 and it looks like our file has basically been gathering dust since June. I really hope you hear something soon! Good luck!

MartinG

Good morning All,

I received feedback from the CIC this morning. A bit generic but essentially boiling down to high application volumes. But, ... 8 hours later I received another email from the CIC about an online message. The letter on my profile states that the application processing started and that they require an updated Schedule A form within 7 days. Some movement at last!

Can't really say if the GCMS notes request and contacting the CIC in reference to the notes helped, but the timing of the last two emails seems to suggest it just might have... or it's just how it is playing out naturally.

• Like 1

Kitcat

That's good news @MartinG. Do you know if your application is being processed in Canada or if your file is in Pretoria? From what I understand, a number of files that were stuck in the Sydney, Nova Scotia visa office, where moved to Pretoria around the end of March.

MartinG

Hi @Kitcat,

I believe it's in Ottawa since that's the only office name given so far.

• Like 1

MartinG

Quick feedback - requested to submit Passport on Tuesday. Submitting on Friday !

• Like 2