MartinG

July 2018 Applications

Jowey Lewis

Hello everyone :). Just to encourage us during this loooong wait : I have noticed a Not applicable on my account yesterday:

AOR 31 July 18

Med passed 11 August

Police clearance doc request (I have sent the application with letter of explanation initially while waiting for the certificat). This was scanned and sent on 12 August. 

04 Oct documents went from review to N/A

Not a big deal as yet but shows some movement. Someone has looked at the file YAY 😀. I am sure they are looking at July applications now :).

NW18
1 hour ago, Jowey Lewis said:

Hello everyone :). Just to encourage us during this loooong wait : I have noticed a Not applicable on my account yesterday:

AOR 31 July 18

Med passed 11 August

Police clearance doc request (I have sent the application with letter of explanation initially while waiting for the certificat). This was scanned and sent on 12 August. 

04 Oct documents went from review to N/A

Not a big deal as yet but shows some movement. Someone has looked at the file YAY 😀. I am sure they are looking at July applications now :).

Hey @Jowey Lewis that is encouraging. There is a ray of hope.... 😀 good luck to everyone. Hopefully our waiting game ends soon. In the meantime... keep calm and pray for a better future!😀

MelanieJoy

Just to update everyone - we woke up to the golden email on Saturday morning (6 October)!!!! Such a surreal feeling! Thanks for all the guidance and hoping everyone hears good news soon!

• Like 1

MelanieJoy
On 8/30/2018 at 11:37 AM, Jeandre said:

Just received passport back with COPR this morning. Have a permanent smile engraved on my face now :P :P Feels like forever has passed since I made the decision way back, but all in all the process was actually relatively quick and painless. Thought I'd share the timeline:

2018-02-01: WES evaluation submitted and couriered.

2018-03-15: WES evaluation complete and returned.

2018-04-07: IELTS test in CPT

2018-04-20: IELTS test result returned

2018-05-09: EE profile create and submitted

2018-05-10: CRC submitted to PTA

2018-05-11: EE profile updated with sibling info to increase score

2018-05-23: ITA received

2018-05-29: CRC clearance received and returned

2018-06-05: Medical tests

2018-06-11: Finally received unabridged birth certificate (took more than 4 months)

2018-06-11: PR application submitted

2018-06-12: AOR recieved

2018-06-24: Medical passed

2018-08-10: PPR

2018-08-23: Passport sent to PTA VAC

2018-08-28: Notified that PR approved and COPR sent - loud yelling, fist bumping the air :P

2018-08-30: COPR and passport returned

Next stop, landing trip end Sep.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help received thus far - really makes a big difference. :) 

Hi Jeandre - we received the golden email and going to send our passports to Pretoria today. Quick question - I see you are required to pay a Service fee as well when submitting to Pretoria. Is this correct?  We are a bit confused as to which amount needs to be paid. Please help!

NW18
45 minutes ago, MelanieJoy said:

Just to update everyone - we woke up to the golden email on Saturday morning (6 October)!!!! Such a surreal feeling! Thanks for all the guidance and hoping everyone hears good news soon!

Great news. Congratulations😀 finally the wait is almost over....

Jeandre
1 hour ago, MelanieJoy said:

Hi Jeandre - we received the golden email and going to send our passports to Pretoria today. Quick question - I see you are required to pay a Service fee as well when submitting to Pretoria. Is this correct?  We are a bit confused as to which amount needs to be paid. Please help!

Hi Melanie. Yes, you'll need to pay the service, as listed on their (VFS Global) website along with a courier fee (early bird next day delivery) if you want the passports returned by them. I think the service fee is around R380 odd, but just check their website - they do list the ZAR value. You'll need to first pay the service fee (and courier fees, if needed) and use your passport number as reference on the payment, then include the proof of payment in the envelope/pack you send to them (along with the courier return form if you're going to be using their courier to return). I believe the service fee is per application, so they would require multiples of it for more than one passport, but I'm not entirely sure - I only sent one application/passport (my own). And the PPR for PR application is effectively 'one family application', so it might not be more than the single service fee. Best would be to pay the minimum amount of one service fee and send it to them. If there's an issue with the payment, they'll contact you to correct. Just provide your contact details on the envelope.

Hope you come right. Good luck! And congrats on the good news! Its an amazing feeling! :)

MelanieJoy
6 minutes ago, Jeandre said:

Hi Melanie. Yes, you'll need to pay the service, as listed on their (VFS Global) website along with a courier fee (early bird next day delivery) if you want the passports returned by them. I think the service fee is around R380 odd, but just check their website - they do list the ZAR value. You'll need to first pay the service fee (and courier fees, if needed) and use your passport number as reference on the payment, then include the proof of payment in the envelope/pack you send to them (along with the courier return form if you're going to be using their courier to return). I believe the service fee is per application, so they would require multiples of it for more than one passport, but I'm not entirely sure - I only sent one application/passport (my own). And the PPR for PR application is effectively 'one family application', so it might not be more than the single service fee. Best would be to pay the minimum amount of one service fee and send it to them. If there's an issue with the payment, they'll contact you to correct. Just provide your contact details on the envelope.

Hope you come right. Good luck! And congrats on the good news! Its an amazing feeling! :)

Thank you so much for your quick response! Appreciate the help :) 

hdub07

The online chat function from vfs is also pretty handy in answering questions about getting you passports to and from vfs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IsabelE

I see we are finally in IP2.

AOR 2 June

Passed meds 15 June

NW18
2 hours ago, IsabelE said:

I see we are finally in IP2.

AOR 2 June

Passed meds 15 June

That’s positive news. Hopefully PPR is just round the corner. Good luck! 😀

Jowey Lewis

@IsabelE: great news! :)

NW18

Logged into my profile to see that we have moved into IP2 :):) Glad to see that the profile is being worked upon. 

AOR: 22 June

Meds Passed: 08 July

IP1 : 09 July

IP2: 18 Oct

Edited by NW18
  • Like 1

IsabelE
On 8/27/2018 at 12:25 PM, NW18 said:

My aor date is 22 June and meds passed on 11 July, ip1 since 12 July. When I called and asked Teju told me that only meds are passed. Eligibility and criminality check yet to begin and that the application is still in preliminary stages 😔 I know it’s 6 months on average but this wait is painful. Feel like life is on hold.time is passing very slowly.

Yes!! Good news!! Now we wait together for PPR 👏

NW18
14 minutes ago, IsabelE said:

Yes!! Good news!! Now we wait together for PPR 👏

Yes the anxiety level is definitely up! 😀 so is the excitement! 👍

hdub07

Hopefully PPR comes through before the end of the month for both of you! 

• Like 1

NW18

So, this morning at the breakfast table I jumped with joy. There it was, finally 😀the PPR email a.k.a “the most awaited Golden email”. Yes, on a Saturday. The email is titled "Ready for Visa" and sent from Pretoria, received at 04h59 this morning ( to be precise :) )

So we are nearly to the end of the waiting journey. 

Now trying to get my head around the requirements. Will sort everything out on Monday. Just want to take the weekend to celebrate this news with friends and family.

Here is my timeline so far:

Meds done: 10 May

ITA: 23 May

Meds Passed: 15 June

IP1: 17 June

IP2: 18 October

PPR: 27 October

Our IRCC account has no update and shows everything as IP2. Guess it will only get updated post COPR.

Wishing all you guys luck. There is movement in June applications as per Canadavisa forums and Immitracker. Keep positive 😀

Edited by NW18

Jowey Lewis

Congrats NW18! Awesome news indeed! :)

• Thanks 1

IsabelE

Great news!! Congrats and good luck!!

IsabelE
19 hours ago, NW18 said:

So, this morning at the breakfast table I jumped with joy. There it was, finally 😀the PPR email a.k.a “the most awaited Golden email”. Yes, on a Saturday. The email is titled "Ready for Visa" and sent from Pretoria, received at 04h59 this morning ( to be precise :) )

So we are nearly to the end of the waiting journey. 

Now trying to get my head around the requirements. Will sort everything out on Monday. Just want to take the weekend to celebrate this news with friends and family.

Here is my timeline so far:

Meds done: 10 May

ITA: 23 May

Meds Passed: 15 June

IP1: 17 June

IP2: 18 October

PPR: 27 October

Our IRCC account has no update and shows everything as IP2. Guess it will only get updated post COPR.

Wishing all you guys luck. There is movement in June applications as per Canadavisa forums and Immitracker. Keep positive 😀

@NW18 Did anything change in your profile or is it only a email send directly to your inbox, no notifications in the profile?

NW18
1 hour ago, IsabelE said:

@NW18 Did anything change in your profile or is it only a email send directly to your inbox, no notifications in the profile?

Profile is still showing IP2. I didn’t see any “updated” either for messages. Just a straight email titled “ready from visa” sender CTCO Pretoria.

just moats important thing is that ur passport needs to be valid for 6 months for COPR.

NW18
1 hour ago, IsabelE said:

Great news!! Congrats and good luck!!

Thanks @IsabelE. Yours is round the corner! Keep us posted. 

hdub07

Congrats NW18!

• Thanks 1

IsabelE
10 hours ago, NW18 said:

Thanks @IsabelE. Yours is round the corner! Keep us posted. 

Thanks, I will 😆

Jowey Lewis

Hi!  Any updates from July AOR? I know it s been only 3 months... :)

MartinG

Would be interesting to find out how this new EE progress bar compares between the different applicants. Is it a simple algorithm that just looks at back log and current processing speed, or does it also look at application stream, number of applicants/dependents etc. - in other words how accurate it is at the end of the day.

I applied under the Federal Skilled Trades and received AOR on the 20th July. They now say I should have an answer by the 20th January 2019 - 38 days!

How does your estimate compare?