MartinG

July 2018 Applications

MartinG

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd find out if anyone else submitted their applications in June / July 2018 and to see what the expected timelines are.

Cheers!

StuartW

Just upfront, as far as I know April is still waiting, I am May and I am waiting still. It really feels quite slow at the moment

hdub07

I’m a March applicant and the last I’ve heard from CIC about my application was around the 27th of March. Not a peep since. 

MartinG

That's frustrating ... Last year this time it only took 2 - 3 months!

So the last communications you received was "medicals passed" or AOR?

hdub07

It was a letter about finding a job in Canada that came in a few days after medical were passed. 

March 21: AoR, Mar 23 Meds, Mar 27 find a Job Letter… then that was it

NW18

I am a June applicant and have been waiting on Medicala passes status since 12th July. No change in profile thereafter 

Jowey Lewis

Hello all :) I am also July applicant (both application and AOR 30th July to be specific).

Manitoba PNP application Feb 18

PNP nomination received June 18

ITA received 11 July 18

PR application and AOR 30th July 18

Now waiting.. :) 

Jeandre

Hi Guys

Application submitted and AOR on 10 June. Just received request for passport letter today - exactly 2 months.

I have a 'vacation' trip scheduled and flights already booked/paid for 24 Aug (with existing 10 year visitors visa), so a little concerned that if I send my passport today, I might not receive it back by 24 Aug. The intention was to send it when I return (in Sep), however, they state that it needs to be submitted within 30days from the request (which I will then inevitably miss, as I'll be out of the country then). Does anyone know how long they keep the passport when applying the immigrant visa? And do they then remove the visitors visa? I've mailed them for clarity, however, they take a couple of days to a week to reply and have less than 2 weeks remaining before I fly.

Thanks in advance.

Jeandre

Karen 1225
Posted (edited)

Congrats. I cant remember how long mine took, think about 2 weeks, that was last year nov. There was an enail adres in the ppr email and i emailed them since i also couldnt send my passport within the 30 days, they replied within 2 days i think. 

They do not cross out your visitors, however they did that to my visitor visa when i did my landing trip. 

Edited by Karen 1225

Jeandre
5 hours ago, Karen 1225 said:

Congrats. I cant remember how long mine took, think about 2 weeks, that was last year nov. There was an enail adres in the ppr email and i emailed them since i also couldnt send my passport within the 30 days, they replied within 2 days i think. 

They do not cross out your visitors, however they did that to my visitor visa when i did my landing trip. 

Thanks! Yes, I've also decided to rather play it safe and email them requesting an 'extension'. Phoned the VAC in Pretoria, and they couldn't give me a better estimate than 5-20 working days.

hdub07

Some folk on another forum have had luck calling IRCC in Canada with a request to change the visa office to wherever the applicant would be at that time. So if you are planning on being in one spot for a while on your travels you could possibly change the VO to that location.

MelanieJoy

Any update from June applicants? My AOR is 5 June :) 

NW18

nothing yet. Applied on 23 June 2018. Meds passed on 12 July and sitting in IP1 stage since then.

NW18

Just worried about my passport that expires in June 2019 Any idea how long the passport has to be valid when asked to submit post PPR request?

Jeandre
On 8/10/2018 at 7:23 PM, hdub07 said:

Some folk on another forum have had luck calling IRCC in Canada with a request to change the visa office to wherever the applicant would be at that time. So if you are planning on being in one spot for a while on your travels you could possibly change the VO to that location.

Thanks. Yeah, I received feedback from PTA VAC/consulate and they said I could send the passport to CPC in Ottawa, as I'll be in Toronto for 3 weeks. Just hoping they will have it done within 3 weeks, before I need to leave again. Anyone have some experience with processing times for Ottawa CPC?

NW18
Posted (edited)

I have emailed IRCC to find out which Visa Office is processing my application. Also PTA VO confirmed that 6 months passport validity is enough for COPR.

Edited by NW18

MelanieJoy
On 8/17/2018 at 3:22 PM, NW18 said:

I have emailed IRCC to find out which Visa Office is processing my application. Also PTA VO confirmed that 6 months passport validity is enough for COPR.

Did you get a reply from IRCC? If I may ask what email address you contacted them on? Thanks so much!

NW18

No reply from IRCC yet on the visa processing office. I have sent the same email now to PTA VO asking them which VO in Canada is processing my application. Awaiting a reply. 

Jowey Lewis

Just an update from my side. Aoplication 30th July. Medical passed yesterday 21 August and request of the original language test. Documents sent this morning and email received on "application updated" this afternoon :)

NW18
Posted (edited)

PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

On 8/20/2018 at 9:13 AM, MelanieJoy said:

Did you get a reply from IRCC? If I may ask what email address you contacted them on? Thanks so much!

Sorry for the delayed response. I used this email PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca to contact the VO in Pretoria and this one for IRCC in Ottawa CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Edited by NW18

MelanieJoy
5 minutes ago, NW18 said:

PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Sorry for the delayed response. I used this email PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca to contact the VO in Pretoria and this one for IRCC in Ottawa CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Thanks so much!

NW18
Posted (edited)

For the benefit of everyone, I’d like to share my latest IRCC interaction. I called IRCC Canada call Centre using google hangouts on +1 613-944-4000. It was a free call (only data required)  and after a hold time of about 25 mins I spoke to a very friendly consultant who gave me an update on my application. If you have been waiting for a long time in ip1 or ip2 give it a shot. You need you application number handy. Good luck!👍

Edited by NW18
  • Like 1

IsabelE
On 8/15/2018 at 9:59 AM, MelanieJoy said:

Any update from June applicants? My AOR is 5 June :) 

Our AOR is 2 June...no updates since medical passed, and if the application status is any indication we are in IP1.

IsabelE
On 8/24/2018 at 6:32 PM, NW18 said:

For the benefit of everyone, I’d like to share my latest IRCC interaction. I called IRCC Canada call Centre using google hangouts on +1 613-944-4000. It was a free call (only data required)  and after a hold time of about 25 mins I spoke to a very friendly consultant who gave me an update on my application. If you have been waiting for a long time in ip1 or ip2 give it a shot. You need you application number handy. Good luck!👍

If you don't mind, what is the update that you got from them when you phoned? We submitted on 2 June and are in IP1 since around 15 June. I know the processing times are up to 6 months but we now consider the option to contact them for a update.

NW18
Posted (edited)

My aor date is 22 June and meds passed on 11 July, ip1 since 12 July. When I called and asked Teju told me that only meds are passed. Eligibility and criminality check yet to begin and that the application is still in preliminary stages 😔 I know it’s 6 months on average but this wait is painful. Feel like life is on hold.time is passing very slowly.

Edited by NW18