Sign in to follow this  
LauraStarfish

Toronto Charity Movie Night for Starfish Greathearts Foundation!

LauraStarfish
Hello South Africans in Toronto! I chair the Board of Starfish Greathearts Foundation Canada. Starfish is a global charity; in Canada we're run only by volunteers (www.starfishcharity.org). We bring life and hope to children orphaned or made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS in South Africa.

This fall we're planning to host a wonderful event. We have obtained permission to show the film Life Above All in Toronto (https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/film/in-life-above-all-canadians-tell-the-story-of-aids-in-africa/article586906/)

While our group of volunteers and board members are passionate, we don't have any South African born Canadians involved in our cause. We would LOVE to engage you all in our events and fundraising.

Can you please email starfishcanadaevents@gmail.com if you are interested in (please indicate when you email):
1) being invited to this film event in the fall
2) Volunteering your time to help plan the event
3) Would like to put your name forward to be more heavily involved by sitting on our board.

Can you spread the word to people you think might want to help? Or tell me if there are other groups etc I should post in? Need some help here as I'm not South African so don't know where to find you all :)

Thank you! Laura