Tammyvn

AIPP

Tammyvn

Has any South Africans successfully gone over to Canada on a AIPP?

Nelline

Yes. I know of one person who is already in Canada, if you join the FB page called "South Africans in Atlantic Canada" you'll be able to connect with him there, there's a few threads with advice on this on that page.

Another person I know of is at the WP application stage. However he applied for a position with a company in NB, not knowing they were already on the AIPP as designated employers. It has meant he was able to skip the LMIA requirement.

• Thanks 1

Tammyvn

Thank you very much. We have currently completed all our necessary documents, just waiting for our accreditation to come back. We have been applying to every single opening that has come up but to no avail 

Annique

Hi @Tammyvn,

I hope you don't mind me asking. Are you using an agency or doing it yourself through the CIC website?

How are you going about to find jobs, are you going to each employers site and applying from there or through jobbank?

Tammyvn

Hi @Annique

We did not use an agency, we did it ourselves, all the information is available it just requires a little time to read it all

We got a job through indeed but we did apply everywhere. Be prepared to be turned down alot, there is someone out there that will take a chance on you

We were looking at AIPP but the company wasnt aipp compliant so we went through NLPNP and we leave at the end of this month

Will be happy to assist with anything, just let me know

Annique
4 hours ago, Tammyvn said:

Hi @Annique

We did not use an agency, we did it ourselves, all the information is available it just requires a little time to read it all

We got a job through indeed but we did apply everywhere. Be prepared to be turned down alot, there is someone out there that will take a chance on you

We were looking at AIPP but the company wasnt aipp compliant so we went through NLPNP and we leave at the end of this month

Will be happy to assist with anything, just let me know

Oh my hat - that is SUPER exciting! 
Thank you so much. I'm waiting on my accreditation and then creating our EE profile. 

I'll start applying! :)