Paper application

Visiting visa

Paper application

Does anyone know if they still accepting applications? 

Reibtseb
Posted (edited)

Pretty sure there is no restriction as to when you can apply for a visitors visa?

Edited by Reibtseb

MaryJane

I'm with @Reibtseb. Haven't heard anything about them not accepting.

You may apply for a visitors visa by paper or online according to the canada.ca website.

Paper application

Hi Mary Jane and Reibtseb

I am asking because I applied online and when I applied the processing time said 30 days and they were working on applications from 26 April. It is day 43 and when I check processing times it now says 65 days and they are still busy with applications from the 26th of April.

Reibtseb

@Paper application Maybe try this link to check your application:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=029&top=3

Also I see the processing time for a visitors visa from SA is 15 days atm? If I select "visitor extension", I get the 65 days.

Last update: July 1, 2018 Updated weekly

Processing times tell you how long it took us to process applications in the past after receiving a complete application package. Processing times vary depending on how many applications we receive.

• Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete

LidiaS77

My parents applied for visitor's visas online from South Africa at the end of May 2018 and received their visas on 13 June 2018. Perhaps you can check your application like @Reibtseb suggests and/or contact them to find out if there are documents missing or something wrong that might be causing a delay.

Paper application

@Reibtseb when I call the CIC over the phone I get told that it is taking 65 days for the application that I have done. @LidiaS77 I have been trying to contact CIC but I only get the automated messages.

hdub07

I managed to get help via Twitter a few years back from the Canada in SA account. @CanHCZA. Might be worth sending them a message. 

Paper application

Thanks @hdub07