jimmy

Greetings forumites

jimmy

Hi everyone...... what an awesome forum this is! Truly a revelation and has helped a lot with making our final decision to go to Canada.

My wife and I (we have 2 kids boy-3, girl-1) started talking about emigrating more than a year ago and looked at the usual suspects: Aus and NZ. I did extensive research, but it never felt right..... we were not really motivated to go to either of those countries, life took over and the emigration discussions were put on ice. We never really considered Canada (i don't know why). It was only recently when we popped in for coffee (by chance) at old friends of ours who brought up the emigration topic, and Canada was put on the map.

I started researching....... we were hooked. We made the decision........we're in!! We signed up with an immigration agent about a month ago and have just started with this long, protracted process (I wish it was over already 😋)

I'm looking forward to reading many more posts on this forum in preparation of this life changing journey

• Like 2

AnelleR2008

WELCOME!!!  

Nelline

A warm welcome from an "under heat warning" Eastern Canada! :P

MaryJane

Welcome to the forum!

Kitcat

Welcome to the forum, jimmy! Good luck with all the application work. It can feel totally overwhelming sometimes, but it's an exciting journey.

jimmy

Thanks for the welcoming guys!

@Kitcat yeah, i must be honest, we've only just started the process and it has already had its overwhelming moments..... 

The thing I find the most challenging is the different mindset you have......... it's like being in limbo......... At work or in our social circles, whenever people start talking about politics, business challenges, finances and those "what has become of this country" conversations, it gets a totally different spin when you don't really have a vested interest anymore. 

Because nothing is final yet we don't want to proclaim to the world that we are emigrating yet. We've only told our parents and close family so far, and we'll try and keep it that way until we've received an ITA at least. So having made the decision and being committed to seeing this through, but still having to go on as if nothing changed is quite a different position to be in

Kitcat

I know exactly how you feel. It's the living in limbo that is the hardest for us as we are currently awaiting our PPR. We submitted three months ago, so we're hoping to hear something soon. We want to start planning now, but we can't do anything until our visa is confirmed.

• Like 1

Meyer88

Hi Jimmy

Good luck with the process ahead, I can imagine you still have to do IETLS, but after having a chat to the immigration agents, more or less what will your CRS score be?

Rgds

jimmy

Hi @Meyer88

Thanks....... our agent has estimated the score at 428, but have not taken my wife's (she is the main applicant) CIMA diploma into consideration. She has a Bcom degree from Tuks and a diploma from CIMA. Using the CRS tool on the CIC website i got to a score of 457 after adding the diploma and working on a CLB9 for IELTS.  I know the CRS score when entering the pool usually differs from the initial calculation, so i'm not expecting 457 but hopefully a little more than 428. I'll be ecstatic if we can get in over 450, but it all depends on the IELTS tests I suppose. 

That is what makes this process so stressful for me, especially these first few months. We don't know what your chances are of getting in as we are not in the pool yet and I don't know what our CRS score will be. Hopefully by the end of September the picture will be a little clearer...........