QueenOfHeartsZA

I'm sorry for disappearing

QueenOfHeartsZA

Hi all that knew me. I'm sorry for not checking in sooner. We landed on the 11th December into a snow storm. 

Winter was amazing. We spent time in Ottawa and Toronto and survived both. Do not get discouraged by the cold. The clothing here is amazing and it's not worth buying before you arrive.

We settled in Etobicoke. I would recommend looking for accommodation in this area as we are able to use the TTC but are also not in downtown. We got an airbnb in Mississauga. This was not a great location as it was near the Erin Mills go station. We didn't realize that this go line is a commuter line. Therefore it doesn't operate all day. This meant we spent a lot using Uber to get to the Lakeshore Go line. If you choose to get an airbnb outside of Toronto try find one on the TTC route or near the lakeshore go line. 

Good luck to everyone still in the process. Stay strong and do not give up. To those in the process of packing up to come over. It will be over before you realise. When you have a moment of thinking you are nuts doing this, you are not. It's worth it, I promise. That first time you walk home at 11pm alone and realise you do not need to check behind you (even though you will and still feel like you should) you will know it was worth it!

• Like 6

sueannejoe

Glad to hear you've settled in well @QueenOfHeartsZA 🙂 I am also in Etobicoke and I agree that it's a great location. 

• Like 2