Sign in to follow this  
Carla9xx

Points, assessments and more...help?

Carla9xx

I am in desperate need of advice,

My Boyfriend can't seem to get his results from the college he went to, they cant find his exam or some other nonsense excuse, so now we have a bit of a problem because can I state that he has a matric in the application if it hasn't been assessed? 

Further, we have been staying together for a year but we don't have a lease agreement as its a verbal agreement and the water and lights are included so we don't have any utility bills to prove it, would an affidavit be enough to prove we are common-law partners?

As for my qualifications, I am finishing my honours this year but I'm not sure if I should get my degree assessed and then if we cant get in send the honours for assessment or is it just better to send everything to WES together? What would be the most cost-effective, yet still give us the best chance in the pool?

I wanted to write the TEF exam for some extra points but when I spoke to them, they said its really only for advanced French speakers, I was planning on doing an intensive 3 month course to cover this part and hopefully boost our score quite a bit but after speaking to them I'm not sure if its worth it ?

Then lastly, when is the best time to enter the pool? We really want to get to Canada ASAP but we are afraid that we won't get in or have to wait in the pool forever.

If anyone could give us some guidance we would really appreciate it.

Nettie

The most cost effective way regarding WES, would be to do everything together. Mailing things back and forth can become costly. 

See if you can change your verbal lease agreement to a written one. It's better if you have some paper trail. If you feel comfortable with this, also open a joint banking account. 

Only put qualifications in that you can prove. Otherwise you may get accepted, get all excited, pay all the fees and then you can't prove it, are denied and have to start at square one again.

MaryJane
14 hours ago, Carla9xx said:

I wanted to write the TEF exam for some extra points but when I spoke to them, they said its really only for advanced French speakers, I was planning on doing an intensive 3 month course to cover this part and hopefully boost our score quite a bit but after speaking to them I'm not sure if its worth it ?

Just to expand on the studying French to do the TEF exam, this will be dependent on how high a level you are going to be after the intensive 3-month course.

CLB5 is the level you have to be to start gaining points for a second language and at CLB5 for all ability, you only get 1 point each (4 points total). You'd need to be fluent intermediate level to gain more effective points for EE, I think. CLB5 is at initial intermediate level. 

CRS grid - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

CLB standard - https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/language-benchmarks.pdf

• Thanks 1

Carla9xx

Thanks this helps quite a bit :)