Sign in to follow this  
Darren Vermaak

How Long Did You Wait For Your Study Permit?

Darren Vermaak

I applied for a study permit on the 11th of June, 2018. My class at NSCC is scheduled to start the 4th of September, 2018 and I need to be there on the 15th of August, 2018 for preparation and orientation.

I am worried that my application might take too long as I saw the average processing time for South Africans is 11 weeks.

I am extremely worried.

Edited by Darren Vermaak

Nelline

You switched from EE to a Study visa? The 11 week timeframe might be tight but you might just make it. I am hopeful you showed enough evidence of intent to leave Canada after the Studies, this (or lack thereof, ie proof of intent to leave / return "home") is what usually affects a Study Visa application negatively.

Darren Vermaak

I could not enter the EE pool because I do not have enough work experience.

Thank you for the reply Nelline!

• Like 1

RiaMeg

Darren, we are also waiting and when we applied just over four weeks ago for two study and two work permits, it stated 6 weeks wait, now its at 11 weeks. I'm just as frustrated, as we just want to leave and the employer wants my hubby there asap. Keep us updated on when you get any response?

Darren Vermaak

Will do! Good luck!

SACanadian_Georg
On 6/28/2018 at 3:43 PM, Darren Vermaak said:

Will do! Good luck!

Hi Darren how long did you end up waiting? The average time from canada gov site now says 16 weeks, in December it was 11 weeks what is going on are they trying to halt people leaving or maybe just a ton of applications? Compared to other Africa countries most range from 5 - 7 weeks with more in the earlier time-frame starting to get frustrated will have to move my flight and it will be damn close to the Semester start there which is not ideal.

Flashie
On 6/25/2018 at 1:34 AM, Darren Vermaak said:

I applied for a study permit on the 11th of June, 2018. My class at NSCC is scheduled to start the 4th of September, 2018 and I need to be there on the 15th of August, 2018 for preparation and orientation.

I am worried that my application might take too long as I saw the average processing time for South Africans is 11 weeks.

I am extremely worried.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:50 AM, Nelline said:

You switched from EE to a Study visa? The 11 week timeframe might be tight but you might just make it. I am hopeful you showed enough evidence of intent to leave Canada after the Studies, this (or lack thereof, ie proof of intent to leave / return "home") is what usually affects a Study Visa application negatively.

Hi, I applied last month for my own study permit after visiting, getting accepted at a Uni, and paying the first years tuition. I filled in all of the forms and optional forms that were shown in the Study Permit application. 
So I've got 2 questions (one for each).

@Darren Vermaak What was the outcome of your study permit?

@Nelline How is one intended to show that you have intent to leave after your studies are finished if you can only fill out the documents requested by them?  (Or is there more to the process than this?) I'm young and am on a gap year (which I feel will negatively impact my application after working so hard on getting everything else including the tuition and payments sorted. I have shown to have access to more than enough funds for them to not have doubt in my financial position while I am there. Would you mind elaborating on how one can prove you intend to return, Or is there still another step I'll need to go through such as an interview where these type of questions will need to be answered? Thanks.

Edited by Flashie
Typo