Sign in to follow this  
Stefan1274

ECA Recognised Institutions

Stefan1274

Hi everyone,

Is there a resource that exists which shows which SA academic institutions are recognised by ECA?

I would like to know this before enrolling in a course.

Thanks, S.

Edited by Stefan1274
grammar

Stefan1274

No, any course, short or long (i.e. certificate/diploma or degree).

Reibtseb

No SA institutions are "recognized" for the purpose of Canadian immigration. You will need to have an ECA done on any degree/whatever. Recognition by Canadian professional societies would be a different matter.

Stefan1274

Let me rephrase,

Which ones are 'known' by WES? When I go to the tool on their website, it only gives a few Master's and Bachelor's degrees to choose from in the drop down menu, and only a limited number of institutions, e.g. GIBS is not even there, postgraduate diplomas in e.g. Project Management does not feature there.

Someone said on the forum somewhere that they got a certificate through CollegeSA done through WES, yet their website makes no reference to that.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Amy G

@Stefan1274 For correspondence courses (I’m assuming you wouldn’t be full time), some institutions that I know are recognized are Unisa, Milpark, IMM. Apparently Intec is not recognized, and have heard conflicting things re Damelin.