Jacobs4

CRS Points dropped once EE submitted

Jacobs4

Howzit everyone

Could someone please advise me regarding my CRS points?

when I calculated my points on CIC website I got 453 CRS points, but once I've done the application and submitted for EE I now get 402 CRS points...

I've done this twice now already and so did my wife and we're getting lower points once the  EE application has been submitted.

can someone please assist/advise as we getting really despondent about this.

my ielts results overall 8.0

I have a BA Degree Criminology (WES Evaluation done)  and over 10 years South African Work experience.

wife ielts results  overall 7.5 with over 10 years work experience. (she is a personal trainer with a diploma, so WES has not been done)

we are both 34 years old

Any help/advise will be appreciated...

Amy G

I tried the CRS calculator on the CIC website, and I'm getting in the early 400's based on the info you sent :unsure:

• Thanks 1

MaryJane

I concur. I get to roughly 410.

• Thanks 1

Nelline

When you initially did the CRS calculation (before submitting) did you claim points for your wife's education?

• Thanks 1

YolandaB

Hi @Jacobs4,

Please tell us what you and your wife got for each section of the IELTS? 

Also did your wife get assessed for her high school or any after school qualifications?

• Thanks 1

RiaMeg

My husband's score was definitely higher before we did the actual application as well.

My husband is a Red Seal qualified Tool and Die maker and I am internationally qualified Somatologist and even though we both did the ielts etc, my education is not recognised at all on our application. For hubby we can only do the Credentials assessment once in Canada, which is a pitty for us, points wise.  

Did your wife have hers assessed by WES?

Jacobs4
On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎13 at 3:44 PM, Amy G said:

I tried the CRS calculator on the CIC website, and I'm getting in the early 400's based on the info you sent :unsure:

Thanks AmyG, :o 

Jacobs4
On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎13 at 5:01 PM, MaryJane said:

I concur. I get to roughly 410.

Thanks MJ, but 410 on the calculator VS 402 on application still puzzles me

Jacobs4
On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎13 at 9:53 PM, Nelline said:

When you initially did the CRS calculation (before submitting) did you claim points for your wife's education?

Nelline, I didn't claim for her education as WES will not recognise or evaluate a diploma as I understand

Jacobs4
On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎14 at 3:20 PM, YolandaB said:

Hi @Jacobs4,

Please tell us what you and your wife got for each section of the IELTS? 

Also did your wife get assessed for her high school or any after school qualifications?

Her IELTS score is Listening 8.5 reading 6.5 writing 7.0 and speaking 8.5  - overall 7.5

My IELTS score is Listening 8.5 reading 8.5 writing 7.0 and speaking 8.0 - overall 8.0

No she was not assessed/evaluated by WES,  would this help, push up our CRS points?  She has a Matric (grade 12) as well as a Personal Training Diploma

YolandaB

HI @Jacobs4,

Based on you receiving a WES report with a (3 Year Degree) I have calculated your points and get to 405 at this moment.

Ways to improve:

- Your wife gives you 18 out of 20 points for her IELTS, she can improve it to 20 out of 20.   +2 more

- You can Improve your IELTS to 128 points (you currently have 125) +3 more 

- Your wife could give you 2 points for Matric (she needs to sent it to WES) and they will give her a high school diploma equivalency.   +2 more

You'll end up with 407 total then.

- You can do another (1 Year equivalency certificate) and you'll score bonus points and you could end up with +32 points

Summary:

- You could potentially have a max score of 442 ! You'll loose 5 points every time you have a birthday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jacobs4

Thank you for your advice @YolandaB this is much appreciated and I will take it into consideration on upping our points.

thank you everyone for your feedback and advise/assistance.