TJG

S.A Passport Renewal

TJG

Hi Everyone,

My wife's S.A passport is about to expire, thus she needs to apply for a new one. Are there any private agencies that can assist us with this or is the S.A Consulate in Toronto our only option?

We are based in Lambton County, Sarnia, ON. And will be in Toronto for a few days next week. 

Thanks. 

MaryJane

I don’t know about private agencies but the SA Consulate General in Toronto should be able to help with that. Ottawa is the other place but I think that’s further (?).

Just make sure you bring all documents required plus fees. Normally it’s an in-and-out event.

• Thanks 1

Paul CC

Hi All.  I applied to renew my SA Passport on the 28th Jan'18.  Ottawa had received all the correct docs & confirmed SA Home Affairs have received everything.  Last year, my wife's passport renewal only took 4 months.  To date - 11 months later - NOTHING!!  Ottawa's reply to my calls & email is:

Your email below refers.  We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the delay of your passport.  We have received a lot of queries from applicants some of them applied as early as 2017.  We have send numerous requests for updates to Home Affairs with no success.  We have advised some of the applicants to call home affairs or send emails and this has yielded a lot of positive results.

Call centre numbers         0860 60 11 90 or 27 12 338 8000

Email address:                 HACC@dha.gov.za

I did resubmit another query on 3 December 2018.

I will obviously try the above today.  If anybody has tried this route already, I would very much appreciate your kind assistance, i.e. was there anybody in particular at Home Affairs in SA they spoke/communicated with  who was helpful in resolving this utterly ridiculous state of affairs. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Paul,

Vancouver

Dedré

Oh my goodness... this is super frustrating. Good luck. 😥