Ghecko

IELTS remark?

jimmy

@Amy G i'm sorry to hear your hubby didn't have a great experience. Hopefully it will be one of those cases where one feels terrible after an exam but actually aced it! Let's hope for the best

Luckily you have a plan B, it's going to take a bit longer but you'll get there in the end

• Like 1

Amy G

@jimmy hubby's results are out, he got 7 for writing and top bands all else! Am so excited, don't know what to do with myself! Do you have any news??

• Like 1

jimmy

@Amy G that's absolutely fantastic!!!! I'm so glad for you guys!! Well done!!

Unfortunately we didn't get the score we were hoping for, my wife's scores are 7.5, 9, 6.5, 8.5 - LRWS. Missing out on Listening and writing. If it was only the writing we could've gone for re-mark, but the listening got her this time as well. I've already booked and she will be writing again on 15 December.

Again, well done!! On you go.... hopefully you can update your profile in time for Monday's draw........... all the best for the rest of the process and I hope you get your PPR soon

• Like 1

Amy G

@jimmy my heart sank, I know that feeling of disappointment all too well. I'm really sorry :( 

Great that you got a test for 15 Dec at least it's not too far, although sometimes it feels like every week is one too many, without sounding too dramatic lol. Really holding thumbs for your guys.  

• Like 1

Amy G

For anyone looking at getting a remark, particularly for the writing section of IELTS.

My hubby scored 6.5 for writing in his previous IELTS test - we sent it for a remark and got the result 1.5 weeks later - his score increased to 7. 

So I would definitely recommend it if you have scored 6.5 for writing and feel confident that it should have been a bit higher.  

Liezelleroux

@Ghecko Exact same situation with us. Got 9, 9, 8 and 6.5 for writing. Both my husband and I! It just puts you back with so many months. Really frustrating.

@jimmy in the same boat for us. A 0.5 will bump you up with 50 odd points. Or i think it might be the difference between going from 6.5 to 7.

Just so frustrating and emotional.

All the best!

Marcola
On 11/9/2018 at 2:45 AM, Amy G said:

@jimmy hubby's results are out, he got 7 for writing and top bands all else! Am so excited, don't know what to do with myself! Do you have any news??

Wow!!! Congrats on your ITA!!!!! Yayyy

jimmy
20 hours ago, Liezelleroux said:

@Ghecko Exact same situation with us. Got 9, 9, 8 and 6.5 for writing. Both my husband and I! It just puts you back with so many months. Really frustrating.

@jimmy in the same boat for us. A 0.5 will bump you up with 50 odd points. Or i think it might be the difference between going from 6.5 to 7.

Just so frustrating and emotional.

All the best!

This writing section of the IELTS exam is such a pain in the behind and causes so much stress and anxiety for everyone. it is not just us........ look at all the forums and FB pages of anyone immigrating to Aus, NZ, Canada or wherever the IELTS is a requirement. the majority of people score below 7 on the writing. @Liezelleroux based on your 9 for listening, 9 for reading and 8 for speaking one can clearly see you are more than competent with the English language, so why don't they just assess based on that?  But on the other hand, if CLB9 (8,7,7,7) is the requirement to get those sorely needed 50 points from the skills transferability section, the Canadian lawmakers are doing something right. It's a huge sift in my opinion and those immigrants who get PR through EE without PNP, job offers, family sponsorship etc are high caliber individuals who will definitely add value to Canada's economy.

Perseverance will pay off eventually. My wife is writing it for the third time in December, in the meanwhile we are applying for jobs like there's  no tomorrow. I cannot sit and wait on something like IELTS results to determine my fate............

we're 7 months into this thing...... hopefully we'll be getting a breakthrough soon!!

Amy G
On 11/20/2018 at 8:24 PM, Marcola said:

Wow!!! Congrats on your ITA!!!!! Yayyy

Thanks @Marcola !

After having obsessed about Canada every day (not even exaggerating lol) for a year and a half, it’s so exciting to finally be moving forward. 

We are submitting our final app tomorrow, yay ☺️