Sign in to follow this  
Hopefully yours

Changing your address after arrival for receiving PR Card

Hopefully yours

This is just a tip for anyone in a similar situation...Upon arrival, you are asked for an address where your PR card will be sent to. I gave a friends address, because even though we rented a house prior to arrival, there are so many scams and we didn’t want to take any chances.  But, our friend is moving now, so I had to change my address...yikes! What a process...I tried online - didn’t work; I then phoned Immigration and the very French lady said I must fill in a web form, which I did, but the message I got was that it could take up to 28 days :blink: So I decided to phone again today, and Eureka! Spoke to a less French lady, who said because it is our first card, they change the address telephonically just to make sure it is done right! So, address changed, yay!

• Like 1

Zegee

Hi 

Can you please share the number you contacted to make the necessary changes .

Thank you 

Hopefully yours

@Zegee, I phoned the number on cic website, ‭1 (888) 242-2100‬.

graciax452

Yep that number is the only way, crazy difficult any other way...

Zegee

Thank you very much will give them a call 

MargueriteE

@Hopefully yours Hi. Were flying to Van in September. I was planning to use a friend's address similar to you as we don't know where we'll stay long term. Did you change the address before recieving the card or did you wait for it to arrive first? 

Hopefully yours

@MargueriteE, I changed it prior to receiving it, actually the moment we moved into our house. Good luck with your arrival, may it be a smooth landing :ilikeit:

• Thanks 1