Sign in to follow this  
Kitcat

PR applications submitted April 2018

Jellybeans

Oh wow! That's surprising

Kitcat

We had the most random inquiry for additional documents with regards to our marriage certificate, and we suspect that is what slowed things down.😫

NW18
11 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

The one's processed quickly are sent to Ottawa, not Pretoria. We are now just over 4 months. I can't really find many people waiting though

Hi 

just found out that ours is also being processed at Ottawa😔

ip1since 12 July. Still less time waiting than you and others here. Just following this thread to see progress. I am a June applicant.

IsabelE

@NW18 did you get through to an agent on the landline number or how did you get the processing office? We tried the number with google hangouts a few times but got cut off every time.

hdub07
17 hours ago, NW18 said:

Hi 

just found out that ours is also being processed at Ottawa😔

ip1since 12 July. Still less time waiting than you and others here. Just following this thread to see progress. I am a June applicant.

My application was processed in Ottawa and was concluded two days before the 6month promise. Keep strong, yours will come through soon

NW18
4 hours ago, IsabelE said:

@NW18 did you get through to an agent on the landline number or how did you get the processing office? We tried the number with google hangouts a few times but got cut off every time.

I also used google hangouts. Was only able to get through when I called around 8pm SA time. I had to hold for 36mins. So trick is to keep trying multiple times in the day and keep your Application number and AOR date ready for verification.

NW18
2 hours ago, hdub07 said:

My application was processed in Ottawa and was concluded two days before the 6month promise. Keep strong, yours will come through soon

That’s the plan. Thanks 😀

Kitcat
20 hours ago, IsabelE said:

I was successful phoning through Google Hangouts - also called late one eve SA time and was on hold for almost half hour before I was able to speak to an agent. Just a word of caution - they didn't seem too pleased that I was phoning before the six-month processing time was up and they weren't really able to offer much info over the phone.

NW18
12 minutes ago, Kitcat said:

I was successful phoning through Google Hangouts - also called late one eve SA time and was on hold for almost half hour before I was able to speak to an agent. Just a word of caution - they didn't seem too pleased that I was phoning before the six-month processing time was up and they weren't really able to offer much info over the phone.

Yes my call wasn’t really welcomed but I spoke politely and in a frindly manner to explain to the agent that this was my first call and I am calling since it’s been 3 months post application. She wasn’t to happy in the beginning of our conversation but 2mins later came to a “normal” tone and shared all the info I required.

IsabelE
57 minutes ago, Kitcat said:

Good to know! I see there is progress with people from May getting their PPR so we will try to be patient instead. Almost 4 months now so definitely not at the maximum processing time yet.

StuartW

@Kitcat have you had anymore news gor your PR?

Kitcat
52 minutes ago, StuartW said:

@Kitcat have you had anymore news gor your PR?

Hey, no news yet and this weekend will mark seven months 😩

We raised an inquiry online last week and got a generic response saying they were still processing our application. We ordered GCMS notes a few weeks so hopefully will have some clarity on what’s going on soon...

NW18
1 hour ago, Kitcat said:

Hey, no news yet and this weekend will mark seven months 😩

We raised an inquiry online last week and got a generic response saying they were still processing our application. We ordered GCMS notes a few weeks so hopefully will have some clarity on what’s going on soon...

Oh no 😬 I know that the wait must be very difficult. I am really hoping and praying for you.

Jowey Lewis

Sorry to hear Kitcat ... I can only imagine the frustration. Hoping that this month brings you some good news! 

Kitcat

Thanks guys! Living in limbo is no fun at all 😑 

Dnp

Hello Kitcat,
I wish you all the best in this long endeavor. What Visa Office is busy processing your application?
Ottawa or Pretoria? If Pretoria, when did you move to Pretoria local visa office?

Kitcat
36 minutes ago, Dnp said:

Hello Kitcat,
I wish you all the best in this long endeavor. What Visa Office is busy processing your application?
Ottawa or Pretoria? If Pretoria, when did you move to Pretoria local visa office?

Thanks @Dnp, as far as we can tell our application is being processed in Ottawa. 

I see your AOR is in May - have your received PPR?

Dnp

@Kitcat,

Have you tried to reach the call center to confirm the local visa office processing your application? Or maybe to order GCMS notes to have more clarity on your application.

My application is processed in pretoria, slowest local visa office. AOR 23 May 2018, moved to Pretoria 21/06/2018 and stuck on IP1 since then....

Talent79

I agree with Dnp...Pta VO is very slow. 

Kitcat
10 hours ago, Dnp said:

@Kitcat,

Have you tried to reach the call center to confirm the local visa office processing your application? Or maybe to order GCMS notes to have more clarity on your application.

My application is processed in pretoria, slowest local visa office. AOR 23 May 2018, moved to Pretoria 21/06/2018 and stuck on IP1 since then....

We received our GCMS notes yesterday. The visa office is Ottawa. There seems to be a hold up with my work experience and it says that a review is required for eligibility, but everything else seems to be fine. But it doesn't look like our file has been touched since the end of June, so we're not quite sure what to make of it.

Talent79
On 11/9/2018 at 10:02 AM, Kitcat said:

We received our GCMS notes yesterday. The visa office is Ottawa. There seems to be a hold up with my work experience and it says that a review is required for eligibility, but everything else seems to be fine. But it doesn't look like our file has been touched since the end of June, so we're not quite sure what to make of it.

Good day Kitcat...if I may ask. Which route did you take in ordering your GCMS notes?

Talent79
1 hour ago, MaryJane said:

Thanks very much @MaryJane..that information came in handy

Feto

Good Evening Everyone...

I agree the wait is the worst.

Our timeline so far:

Applied: 23 June

ITA: 24 June

Submitted: 23 September (AoR)

Request Letter: 31 October (latest PPC and Ielts); 1 November (Bio-Metrics at Visa Global)

Biometrics: 7 November (Bio-Metrics Done)

Now We Wait...

Any Advise? What can we expect next?

Jowey Lewis

Hi Feto and everyone :). Is everyone requested to do biometrics? I am AOR July but haven't been requested for that. Only PCC and ELTS... Thanks for confirming...