Kitcat

PR applications submitted April 2018

Feto

Hi @Jowey Lewis,

We did not have to at the beginning, the bio-metrics is new thing as far as I am aware. It probably depends on when you recieved your AoR... but I really dont know.

Sorry... 😖

Jowey Lewis

Yes I believe it started with applications from end July onward but I haven't heard anyone I this forum mentioning it. Unless they ask for it toward the end of the process.... Anyway, thanks. We shall wait and see :). All the best with the application. 

Kitcat

Yes, the biometrics is only for those who applied from the end of July, so if you applied before then then you won't have to do biometrics. I believe the request for biometrics comes around the time your medicals is passed, so quite early on after your AOR. 

Kitcat
On 11/10/2018 at 6:42 PM, Talent79 said:

Good day Kitcat...if I may ask. Which route did you take in ordering your GCMS notes?

Hi @Talent79, I believe our GCMs notes were ordered through the same link that @MaryJane mentioned. It's a direct order from the CIC and costs around CAD5 - much cheaper than ordering through a third party website. Our agent ordered on our behalf as you can't order GCMS notes personally if you're working through an agent.

logan
1 hour ago, Kitcat said:

believe the request for biometrics comes around the time your medicals is passed, so quite early on after your AOR. 

We received a notification of 'request for biometric enrollment', and on logging in we saw our status changed to medicals passed. So I can at least confirm this (at least for our case) 🙂

Jowey Lewis

@Kitcatand Logan, thanks a mil. It s very strange as my AOR was 30th July and I have passed med and got a letter requesting my PCC but not mention of the biometrics :(... hope this will not be another reason for delays 😢

Feto

Hi @Kitcat; @Jowey Lewis; @logan,

I checked up on our progress last night...

Once you do bio-metrics on the slip there is a reference number - and with that we could see our application is at the Pretoria offices... Background checks have also gone to the final stage once bio-metrics were done... But as always you wont know what is really going on unless the notify you. However the lady at Visa global mentioned something about a minimum of 5 days before you will get any feedback, I will keep you posted if I hear anything. Hopefully the bio-metrics speed up the background check process.

I've done background checks on multiple occasions in the past for some of the mines I've been on and its a fairly speedy process, depends on who the 3rd party is they utilize.

But now we wait...

Andrew and Tash

Hi

Regarding the biometrics, I was wondering if anyone else has had the same scenario?

We received AOR on 5th August and request for biometrics on 8th September. We submitted our fingerprints on 13th September - although the biometrics enrolment is correctly reflected at the top of our profile, in the status messages it still states "We have not received your fingerprints, check your request for biometrics letter below"

Thanks

Kitcat
On 11/9/2018 at 10:02 AM, Kitcat said:

We received our GCMS notes yesterday. The visa office is Ottawa. There seems to be a hold up with my work experience and it says that a review is required for eligibility, but everything else seems to be fine. But it doesn't look like our file has been touched since the end of June, so we're not quite sure what to make of it.

So our agent has looked over the notes and it seems that everything is fine with our eligibility and they’ve awarded us all the points we claimed - the likely hold up with our application is on the security side. Most likely my husband’s extensive travel history. Holding thumbs for news soon - seven and a half months and counting...

• Like 1

Kitcat
17 minutes ago, Andrew and Tash said:

Hi

Regarding the biometrics, I was wondering if anyone else has had the same scenario?

We received AOR on 5th August and request for biometrics on 8th September. We submitted our fingerprints on 13th September - although the biometrics enrolment is correctly reflected at the top of our profile, in the status messages it still states "We have not received your fingerprints, check your request for biometrics letter below"

Thanks

Hi @Andrew and Tash, it may be worth raising an inquiry with the CIC online for this to check if they have received the docs. But from what I understand, they don’t always update the online profiles as they go - it’s all rather random and depends on the officer dealing with the case.

Jowey Lewis
29 minutes ago, Kitcat said:

So our agent has looked over the notes and it seems that everything is fine with our eligibility and they’ve awarded us all the points we claimed - the likely hold up with our application is on the security side. Most likely my husband’s extensive travel history. Holding thumbs for news soon - seven and a half months and counting...

Oh wow... The wait is gonna be over soon for you :). I also have an extensive traveling history but your 2 to 4 days every quarter kinda business travel within the southern Africa region... If I may ask, has your hubby had a similar kind of travel or has he been staying in those countries for longer? Just to prepare myself mentally in case I end up having a similar experience due to that... Thanks Kitcat :)

Kitcat

Hey @Jowey Lewis, my husband travels frequently to Europe, the Middle East and a bit of Africa - particularly Lebanon, UAE, Tunisia, Morocco, Kenya etc. and sometimes between these within one trip, so this could be something they may be looking at. In the last ten years his list extends to about 150 trips, so it's a lot to go through I imagine, as some of these countries may be under special observation by CIC.

We really do hope to hear something soon as it's been a rather sloooow and stressful few months.

Edited by Kitcat