Sign in to follow this  
BronwynLT

Where to stay near Burnaby

BronwynLT

Hi all :) We will leaving SA for BC in the next few weeks! 

My boyfriend has accepted a position in Burnaby but hes a technical sales rep therefore will travel alot and it doesn't matter too much where we stay. However, I will not be working and will most probably not have a car to start with during the week, therefore we would like to stay fairly close to transport . We love the outdoors, sport and taking our pooch to parks. Can you recommend an area most suited to us and not too far from my boyfriend's work? So far i have found Coquitlam quite suitable but haven't really researched any other area

We would also like to try save a bit so please advise of the super expensive areas to stay away from. We are typical South Africans; laid back and hate to waste time in traffic :)

Thanks for your input

Bron

Reibtseb

Outdoors = North Vancouver.

But I might be prejudiced. :P Also it is far from Burnaby, and public transport involves a 2 zone pass via Seabus unless you like busses.

Coquitlam is up and coming according to my colleagues who live there, aka getting more expensive rapidly. It used to be a cheaper option to settling (aka buying a house big enough for kids) in North Van, but at the expense of a much longer commute.

There are parks all over the lower mainland, so walking the dog won't be a problem. There are dogs EVERYWHERE and it's awesome.

Burnaby is good though. I'll probably move there (or Coquitlam) once I can start looking at buying, as North Vancouver housing is ridiculous. I will miss my 10 min commute. :(