Sign in to follow this  
OutOfSa

Fin Global

OutOfSa

I have had my documentation at Fin global for a while, I'm trying to get a quote from them - they seem very... no, extremely cagey?  Anyone else found this.  They want to "talk and only to talk - after everything else was emails" - to me, in this day and age, it rings alarm bells ( do they need to explain and justify a crazy cost....) - all they need to say is "based on the information we have, the price will likely be xx, we reserve the right to modify the costs should .... blah".

Corwes, I have not forgotten you - I am just curious about fin global  (and I am getting heat from.... :->) - we are so far down the line  - if they have the right price I might just get it done... 

Starting to wonder about them... anyone else had experience with them?

What's with the "phone call?"

OutOfSa

Ok, so no-one seems to know - well now I do.

We have about R200 000 left in SA in RA's - If anyone is interested, they quoted R 38 000 - it's a lot of money,  on a paltry R200K. If it was 2 million, then it would be different.  I know our case is not complicated.  

I know they are in business to make money and they have offices to pay for; now I know why they used to be called cash-cows !

"Cash cow is business jargon for a business venture that generates a steady return of profits that far exceed the outlay of cash required to acquire or start it.:" - Wiki :)

Today it's raining ice pellets, and freezing rain - I never knew they existed before I moved to Canada...  Kinda cool - no pun intended.

MJames

Hi OutofSA

I have heard mixed responses/experiences from FinGlobal in my research on this website and others. Ouch! Nearly 20% of your total amount.

The 3 companies in the retirement transfer niche that I have found are FinGlobal, Exchange for Free and Expatri8  . Exchange for free mainly focuses on cash transfers after cashing out  your retirement and Expatri8 assist with the retirement Funds transfers-They hold your hand through the whole process from the correct forms, correct procedures etc. They seems to be very cost effective.

Hope you come right, and when you do.... please update on any progress.

Good Luck!

LotzofTravel

We are also using FinGlobal and my experience with them so far has been extremely positive.  The fees they charged us is in the range of 2% of the total amount transferred, and according to my calcs we will get a better exchange rate with them that will balance out the fees.  The amount we will take over through them will be in the order of R2M (house sale and some funds they will assist us to release).  They also assist with Fin Emigration.

I think casing out RA's is more difficult and costly, we've decided to keep ours in SA for now.

Hennie vdB

Agree with Lotzoftravel. My experience was very positive. Can't remember the % fee, but they are very efficient, and as mentioned elsewhere, they are still doing all my PPS admin on my behalf until I turn 60, all included in that once-off fee. No regrets.

• Like 1