JohnCT

Cape Town - Anyone currently busy with the process?

JohnCT

Hi All

We’d love to meet up with anyone else who is busy with the process of Canadian immigration

We live in the Southern Suburbs but can meet up anywhere for a coffee

LouwVrystaat

hi JohnCT.  We (my wife and I) just received the mail asking for our passports :)  We're in the Southern Burbs (Mowbray) too.

Drop me  line, and perhaps a coffee would be in order.

Cheers.

Louw

furrywoodsound@gmail.com

MarkLeyde

Congrats Louw, that is awesome news!!  Just out of interest when was your AOR? My wife and I applied on the 6th March 2018, been two long months of waiting. Unfortunately I am in Durban, would be good to meet some people in the same boat.

JohnCT

Thanks Louw, will mail you this morning 

Kitcat

Hi JohnCT - I posed this question on the SACanada Facebook page yesterday and there were a few people from the Cape Town area interested in meeting up. We submitted our PR application on 4 April and are currently awaiting a decision. Would be happy to meet up with others in the same boat. If you have organised anything, please let us know.

DandilionSA

Hi there. My husband and I are in the pool and looks like our best bet is pnp. Would love to meet up! We in northern suburbs. 

Shallwego

Hi there!

We are a family of 4 living in Newlands. This morning we received our passports back with the VISA in it - saying, IMMIGRANT!!! From submitting our application for PR, to getting our passports took 2 months. We have to enter Canada by 8 Feb next year, so now the countdown begins. Would love to meet up with other Capetonians. We still have to decide where to go in Canada...

Kitcat
1 hour ago, Shallwego said:

Hi there!

We are a family of 4 living in Newlands. This morning we received our passports back with the VISA in it - saying, IMMIGRANT!!! From submitting our application for PR, to getting our passports took 2 months. We have to enter Canada by 8 Feb next year, so now the countdown begins. Would love to meet up with other Capetonians. We still have to decide where to go in Canada...

Hi there, out of interest what date did you submit/get AOR? We submitted our application for PR on 4 April and still waiting (not so) patiently for a decision. We’re also in CT area and would be happy to meet up. 

Shallwego
18 hours ago, Kitcat said:

Hi there, out of interest what date did you submit/get AOR? We submitted our application for PR on 4 April and still waiting (not so) patiently for a decision. We’re also in CT area and would be happy to meet up. 

Hi! We submitted our PR application on 17 March and got the "golden email" (which says we should send our passports to have the visas affixed) on 4th of May. The status update on the cic site (where it said our PR application was successful) was on 18 May. This all went quicker than we expected as we were prepared for an up to 6 month wait. I know the waiting tests one's patience, but I guess it depends on their workload at the time and the specs of your application. When will we get together!? Do you know where you're going yet?

Kitcat
9 minutes ago, Shallwego said:

Hi! We submitted our PR application on 17 March and got the "golden email" (which says we should send our passports to have the visas affixed) on 4th of May. The status update on the cic site (where it said our PR application was successful) was on 18 May. This all went quicker than we expected as we were prepared for an up to 6 month wait. I know the waiting tests one's patience, but I guess it depends on their workload at the time and the specs of your application. When will we get together!? Do you know where you're going yet?

Wow, that's a fantastic turn around time for your PR!

Are you on the SACanada FB page? I posed the question about a CT meet up a couple weeks ago and there were a few people keen to get together there, but nothing has been arranged yet. I was thinking perhaps the weekend of 9/10 June? Can maybe find somewhere central like Forries to meet up - it's also great for kiddies if it's a nice day. We're in Somerset West so don't mind a drive into CT. 

Kitcat
On 5/7/2018 at 11:01 AM, MarkLeyde said:

Congrats Louw, that is awesome news!!  Just out of interest when was your AOR? My wife and I applied on the 6th March 2018, been two long months of waiting. Unfortunately I am in Durban, would be good to meet some people in the same boat.

@MarkLeyde - have you heard anything about your application yet? I see you applied on 6 March.

Sav
On 4/12/2018 at 6:14 AM, JohnCT said:

Hi All

We’d love to meet up with anyone else who is busy with the process of Canadian immigration

We live in the Southern Suburbs but can meet up anywhere for a coffee

Hi JohnCT - am filling in all the forms and am budgeting for that IELTS test. For me, that's a bit of a touchstone. Once I've booked that, I'll know it's happening. I want to write in October; my French needs some work and I'd like to demonstrate at least basic proficiency there. Apart from that, learning French is on my bucket list so this will be a good motivation.

Francois V

Hi all

I applied via CIC but not yet done. Have to redo IELTS exam in September.

Flipping frustrating especially when I hear how quickly you guys got it done. USD 11 000.00 and counting.

I would love to meet and get more insight please

Western Cape, city bowl, 0827800006