Hennie vdB

Tips for relocating between provinces? AB to ON

Hennie vdB

Hennie Calgary will become Hennie Sarnia shortly! Landed a job after 13 months at home. Farewell Oil & Gas, you unfaithful mistress!

Any tips when relocating from Alberta to Ontario? Items to get while you still can - driver abstracts, medical records, dental records, etc? My impression is that the provinces have very little access to each others' information, so it almost feels as if we're emigrating to a different country again.

If this is covered elsewhere already, please forgive me, and paste a few links - hierdie tegnies-gestremde Omie sukkel so bietjie met die Forum se search funksies.

Nettie
Posted (edited)

Congratulations Hennie!

You are on the right path as far as medical records are concerned. Don't forget to get CD's of any X-rays or MRI's (or something similar) that you had. The reports would be helpful but the actual films may be more helpful. You never know...That's all I can think of (probably because of my job). Also, you're going to wait 3 months to get OHIP, make sure you have prescriptions beyond 3 months, for in case it takes some time to find a new doctor.  It is a long distance move, but at least it would be easier if you forget to get something. Also then, as you noted, proof of car insurance and drivers record. I doubt you're going to have an issue with that, but it is helpful. Even regions in Ontario don't have access to other areas, so your question is very valid.

Good luck! :ilikeit: Welcome to the globe circling club. :D

Edited by Nettie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wolverine
11 hours ago, Hennie Calgary said:

Hennie Calgary will become Hennie Sarnia shortly! Landed a job after 13 months at home. Farewell Oil & Gas, you unfaithful mistress!

Any tips when relocating from Alberta to Ontario? Items to get while you still can - driver abstracts, medical records, dental records, etc? My impression is that the provinces have very little access to each others' information, so it almost feels as if we're emigrating to a different country again.

If this is covered elsewhere already, please forgive me, and paste a few links - hierdie tegnies-gestremde Omie sukkel so bietjie met die Forum se search funksies.

Congrats @Hennie Calgary

What happened to Kitimat?

MaryJane
13 hours ago, Hennie Calgary said:

This is great news! Shall we have a big Ontario braai soon? ;)

• Like 2

Freddy

@Hennie Calgary congratulations.

I'm dreading the day I will be moving from Winnipeg to another country within Canada (Laugh).....who knows maybe soon.

Just moved house and O'boy the pain of moving! Good luck and we pray you have a soft landing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OutOfSa

Oh dear, now your premier will be Kathleen Wynne - you will soon Rue the day you left Alberta !😁 Perhaps even run screaming back.....

But fear not, the liberals are tanking despite stupid insane promises that only came to the fore when election poles looked shakey.

Yay Wynter is almost over in Ontario!!!!!!

Good luck 😁Congrats 

• Like 1

Jules
On 3/28/2018 at 11:25 AM, Hennie Calgary said:

The bigger issue is what to do with your profile name LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AnelleR2008

CONGRATULATIONS, Hennie!

• Thanks 1