Hennie vdB

Anybody in Kitimat?

Hennie vdB

I have a possible job offer in Kitimat, and would love to get some inside info before I commit! Apart from being far from everywhere, I don't know anything.

Thanks,

Nettie
Posted (edited)

Maybe you've already seen this: http://www.kitimat.ca/EN/main/business/invest-in-kitimat/industry-economy.html

Apparently the South Africans like Northern BC (That is inside info for Ft St. John, but it's further east). Perhaps it's true for Kitimat too. 

Edited by Nettie

Wolverine
On 3/10/2018 at 2:47 PM, Hennie Calgary said:

I have a possible job offer in Kitimat, and would love to get some inside info before I commit! Apart from being far from everywhere, I don't know anything.

Thanks,

What do you want to know?? i am working with someone who is originally from Kitimat. i can ask her some questions for you.

Jules

Northern B.C. would have some spectacular natural beauty that's for sure. Not a bad place to land up in if you have a solid job. 

• Like 1

Hennie vdB

@Wolverine, thanks, just the usual insider intel that you can't readily find on google - tricks of the trade with flights, car buying/renting, relocation, accommodation, etc. Maybe you can pm me her email and I can bug her directly?

@Jules, yes, saw that on Google. Fantastic countryside - great for hikes, nature and boating, but yikes, far by road - 1440km to Vancouver, and 1440 to Calgary.

Meyer88

Wow I think that will be an amazing place to live, please keep us posted on your decision Hennie, what type of job will you be doing in Kitimat if you decide to relocate there?

Cathy K

Kitimat is unfortunately one of the wettest places in Canada. Rainfall is around 2210mm per year. 

Check out the weather on this website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitimat

• Thanks 1

Hennie vdB

Thanks, Cathy, good to be forewarned. That explains why everything there is so green!

• Like 2