Tarryn Ludwig

Family sponsorship

Tarryn Ludwig

Hi there, have any of you sponsored a family member to get to Canada?  I really want to do this for my sister if we are successful.  What are the steps involved? 

LidiaS77

Hi Tarryn,

As far as I know there are very strict rules about sponsoring relatives. Here is some more information on the official Government of Canada website. According to this if you already have a spouse and/or children etc. with you in Canada that are permanent residents/Canadian citizens then you won't be able to sponsor a relative, unless your sister is under 18 and orphaned. Your sister will get some extra points for having a sibling that is a Canadian permanent resident if she applies through Express Entry though. There has also recently been a similar discussion here.

• Like 1

Tarryn Ludwig

Thank you .  

Kim Ann
On 3/9/2018 at 7:25 PM, Tarryn Ludwig said:

Hi there, have any of you sponsored a family member to get to Canada?  I really want to do this for my sister if we are successful.  What are the steps involved? 

Hi Tarryn we have just gone through this process.  My sister sponsored myself and my family through the (family sponsorship relative visa), but she is single and has no children.