Sign in to follow this  
JanR

PR Cards - photos not compliant - anyone else had this?

JanR

Hi all,

We landed to activate our PR in February, and are back in SA now.   I received an email today saying our photos for the PR cards aren't compliant and we need to send new ones within 30 days.

I understand my photo possibly wasn't compliant, but my husband's was definitely within the measurements they gave us, so I'm not really sure how to guarantee the next set we send will be right either.  Might just send a few sets.

For people who've successfully received their PR cards - where did you get your photos taken?  Or how did you make sure they were compliant?

Thanks.

Spacefrog

@JanR Hi, I'm not sure where you live but we had the exact same issue. 

We had the pics redone at Kodak Express in Sandton City and they knew exactly what to do ..... having said that when we went back to the VFS Global office in Pretoria they take pics there and then to the correct specs 

• Thanks 1

JanR

Thanks @Spacefrog.   We're near Sandton, so I'll go there. 

OutOfSa

Several times - they are very, very specific.

Photographer:

"Yes, Yes we know how to do it", 

Me:

"That does not look right..."

Photographer:

"We are the professionals..."

Me:

"Ok......?"

PR Canada:

..... Photo's are not according to spec, please send new ones..... 

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JanR

Yup, that's what's happened 3 times to me too with photographers. 

I have 3 versions of the photos, and none seem to be right...  my plan is to get 3 new ones taken for my, my child and husband and send two of each of them.  One has to be right!

Mheynes456

Are the photos for the pr cards the ones you send with your passports before you receive copr? Or there other photos you need to take with you when you apply for the pr cards when landing?

JanR

I've read and heard many things, but for us we didn't need to take any other photos. (I had extras and asked whether they needed them. I also asked whether the ones on the COPR forms were fine, and they confirmed that they were.)

I think if I did it again, I'd try to make sure the immigration official sent through more than one set for each of us.

Gerhard SaNamCan

Has anybody had any success with the PR photos in and around the West Rand area other than Sandton City (not used to Joburg traffic anymore so would prefer not driving to Sandton)

We will be in SA during April and it might be a good idea to get these photos taken there so long as I doubt we will have better luck here in Namibia with a photographer getting the specs right. :D

graciax452

Did mine at Fotofirst in Rosebank, she allowed me t see what she was doing and on her program, she selects the country and it resizes face dimensions to match, when she selected Canda it defaulted to the passport size, which was too small. So I asked her to show me the other ones and chose the correct one (correct mm dimensions and face size) after she showed me the  3 Canadian options and voila all done. It's your money make sure it's done else just walk out before printing and go to the next guys.

• Like 2

JanR

Ahhhhh!  Our third set of photos for my 2 year old are apparently not compliant for our PR cards.

We had his done at the same time and place as ours, and we've got our PR cards.

I'm sure no-one can actually help here, but if anyone has any suggestions about what else could be going wrong with our kid's photo, please let me know.

Back to Kodak tomorrow to get another few sets done for him (at R800 a time including the postage...)

Hopefully yours

@JanR, we had our photos taken at VFS Global and yet we got that same email for my husband and me, the photos are not compliant:blink: However they didn’t say anything about the kids photos :ph34r:

JayG

Please help me.

We got an email addressed to my husband with his UCI number to resubmit photos. 

Do I only need to resubmit photos for him OR do I need to send for all of us that were on the same application?

JanR

Hi, 

We got three separate letters - one for each of us. So I’d assume they just need his photos.