Beatrice

LMIA and work permit

Beatrice

Hi, can somebody please tell me,  our LMIA expires in April, we have submitted our work permit application the beginning of Jan.  

But with the processing time and if we are asked to send passports we wont be able to arrive in Canada before the expirery date of LMIA.  

We are not sure, must we be in Canada before expirery date or must we have applied for permits before it expires?

thanks

M-N

I may be mistaken but if I remember correctly as long as you send in your application before the expiry you'll be fine 

Odijonk

@Beatrice... for which province are you going to? 

Beatrice

We are going to Alberta. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since we applied!!! We really hope to hear soon!!!! This waiting can drive anybody crazy!!! :P

Beatrice
20 hours ago, M-N said:

I may be mistaken but if I remember correctly as long as you send in your application before the expiry you'll be fine 

Thanks

Odijonk

@Beatrice.... dont worry we are still waiting for a LMIA outcome from Alberta... just a heads up... they have recently change goverment which delayed processes... our LMIA was ready to submitted last year in December and it was only done the last week in Jan... but i am holding thumbs for you and keep us updtae on your progress... good luck 😊

Beatrice

@OdijonkOh no!!! I really hope it does not affect the processing that much!! We used Matrix Visa and they did not tell us anything lol.  They did say that it can take 4-12 weeks.  Our application is standard nothing complicated did our medicals before we submitted had our police clearence, job reference letters etc.  And what we understood is that as its a standard application it would not take that long. But nobody can be sure.... Lol.  We are counting the seconds and checking every now and again for any news lol:D.

We will let you know as soon as we get any news 

Thanks 

Edited by Beatrice
  • Thanks 1

Lizelle

Erm, we definitely did not recently change government :)  

Odijonk

@Lizelle... interesting... tnx.. thats what our employer said... well like its the same motto like everyone... hurry up and wait ☺

Beatrice

Whoop whoop!!!!! Fantastic news!! We just received our letter to send passports!!! 5 weeks and 3 days since we applied!!!! Thanks to everybody who gave advice!!!!:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Odijonk

@Beatrice... excellent news... which province are you going to.. so happy for you.. 

Beatrice
8 hours ago, Odijonk said:

@Beatrice... excellent news... which province are you going to.. so happy for you.. 

We are going to Alberta.  We will arrive the 16th of March!!!! Cant wait haha

• Thanks 1