Luis Dos Santos

Applications Submitted February 2018

Luis Dos Santos

Hi guys!

We just submitted our application for PR today and I'm keen to see how others timelines progress from here.

Let's hope all goes smoothly.

hdub07

I'm aiming to get my application submitted within the next few days. I'm just waiting for my Police Clearance (just need to fetch it... that's a Monday morning job) and letters from the bank.

I'm stressing about my Proof of Funds though... I have 10k in savings, about R150k in a Provident Fund, R50k or so in unit trusts but have a bond with about R450k outstanding. 

I've signed a mandate to sell the house, and I can sell my car when things have been sorted. I just worry that what I have isn't enough.

I should maybe add: I'm leaving SA because I've found myself a wonderful Canadian lady who I'm marrying next year. Hopefully including that in the application will help things (unlikely though).

Edited by hdub07

ateotia

Hi All,

I am a Jan 11 2018 AOR and am currently in IP2. Are any of you with their application at the Pretoria office Local Visa office? Any other applicants with December on Jan AOR?

hdub07
On 2/25/2018 at 10:41 PM, hdub07 said:

I'm aiming to get my application submitted within the next few days. 

So "next few days" turned out to be almost a month... but I've just submitted my application and received AoR already. Now the wait begins...

ateotia
4 hours ago, hdub07 said:

So "next few days" turned out to be almost a month... but I've just submitted my application and received AoR already. Now the wait begins...

welcome to the group :) im a jan 11th aor and waiting processing currently at the pretoria visa office

Luis Dos Santos

Our application is on hold until our baby is born so our timeline will be out of sync with the rest....for now it's stuck on "Reviewing the medical exams"

hdub07

Got my first update: medicals passed :ilikeit:

ateotia
On 3/23/2018 at 7:53 AM, hdub07 said:

Got my first update: medicals passed :ilikeit:

hello, has your application moved to the Pretoria LVO? We have a whatsapp group for applicants waiting in Pretoria Local Visa Office. Message me on +230 57810109, i will add you. I am a Jan 11th 2018 applicant and have been in Pretoria Visa Office since march 8th 2018

hdub07

I don’t know what’s going on with my application. The last update I had was on 28 March - they sent a letter on how to go about finding jobs in Canada. 

From what I’ve read you can’t find out whichLVO is processing your application anymore. Obviously Pretoria makes the most sense for me. 

Kodi33

Hi there all! Thanks for starting this group. Timeline:

AOR: 22 Feb 2018

Medicals passed: 3 March 2018

IP2: 3 March 2018

Heard nothing from them since then,  emailed  them to find out at which visa office the application currently is at, but after 3 days still nothing. Hoping it has made it to Pretoria VO already to be processed.

So 2 months  have passed already, which I know is short bit holding thumbs it won't take much longer than 3 months..

Good luck with the wait all!

ateotia
On 4/27/2018 at 11:24 AM, Kodi33 said:

Hi there all! Thanks for starting this group. Timeline:

AOR: 22 Feb 2018

Medicals passed: 3 March 2018

IP2: 3 March 2018

Heard nothing from them since then,  emailed  them to find out at which visa office the application currently is at, but after 3 days still nothing. Hoping it has made it to Pretoria VO already to be processed.

So 2 months  have passed already, which I know is short bit holding thumbs it won't take much longer than 3 months..

Good luck with the wait all!

Hey Kodi, do you know when your application moved to Pretoria? My application moved on 8th march and no update so far.

Kodi33
On 5/8/2018 at 2:07 PM, ateotia said:

Hey Kodi, do you know when your application moved to Pretoria? My application moved on 8th march and no update so far.

Hi Ateotia. They responded from the Pretoria office with the following : 

I have no idea when they transferred it, butit must be a good sign if it got there.. Any idea on timeline from pta office?

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your email (see below)

Your application is in queue for review at our office in Pretoria. All applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.

No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum. 

Regards,

hdub07

Hi Kodi33. Who did you contact to get that information? Could you share their contact info? 

Kodi33

Sorry for the late reply! 

pretimmigration@international.gc.ca

pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I sent the mail to both! Good luck!

Kitcat

Hi all, just wondering if anyone in this group has received their PPR yet. My AOR is 4 April so we're a bit behind you guys, so would be interesting to learn your timelines.

Kodi33
1 hour ago, Kitcat said:

Hi all, just wondering if anyone in this group has received their PPR yet. My AOR is 4 April so we're a bit behind you guys, so would be interesting to learn your timelines.

Hi Kitcat. I know of one if the group who has a 10 FEB AOR who got his a few days ago. I'm 22 Feb and still nothing. Good luck with the wait=)

• Like 1

M@C
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kodi33 said:

Hi Kitcat. I know of one if the group who has a 10 FEB AOR who got his a few days ago. I'm 22 Feb and still nothing. Good luck with the wait=)

Hi Kitcat,

AOR: 30th January

Medical passed: 7th Feb

PPR: 15th May

Submitted passports: 16th May

Received passports with CORP: 18th June

3 and half months to PPR and my application was processed in Ottawa.

Edited by M@C
  • Like 1

StuartW

It definitely seems though processing has slowed down considerably. But it makes sense, since they have increase the number of invites by quite a lot.

• Like 1

Kitcat

Thanks guys, so interesting to see the different timelines and hearing the different stories. Hopefully we’re all just a few weeks away from that golden email... :)

Kitcat
4 hours ago, M@C said:

Hi Kitcat,

AOR: 30th January

Medical passed: 7th Feb

PPR: 15th May

Submitted passports: 16th May

Received passports with CORP: 18th June

3 and half months to PPR and my application was processed in Ottawa.

Hi @M@C, are you already based in Canada that your application was processed in Ottawa?

ateotia
On 6/19/2018 at 9:35 PM, Kitcat said:

Hi @M@C, are you already based in Canada that your application was processed in Ottawa?

hey Kit kat, it isnt necessary for the applicant to be based in canada for application to be processed in CAN, it is based on cic workload that they reassign applications to a LVO (local visa office), so some of our fellow country folks applying can get processed in ottawa and their PPR comes earlier, Pretoria has been slow, so far jan applications AOR have not yet recevied their PPRs from Pretoria, so its a waiting game for now if your application has moved to pretoria. How do you know where your application is? call CIC and ask them, there is a toll free number that can be called

Kitcat

Thanks @ateotia, I emailed the Pretoria office last week. They forwarded my email to the central intake office who then responded to me saying that my application was being reviewed by their office. So I’m assuming it’s being processed in Ottawa as my profile recently changed to say that they were processing my background check. So hoping for some news soon. 

Any movement with your application?

ateotia
20 hours ago, Kitcat said:

Thanks @ateotia, I emailed the Pretoria office last week. They forwarded my email to the central intake office who then responded to me saying that my application was being reviewed by their office. So I’m assuming it’s being processed in Ottawa as my profile recently changed to say that they were processing my background check. So hoping for some news soon. 

Any movement with your application?

hey @Kitcat, yup looks like yours is processing in ottawa. No progress on my application, the wait continues on! (unwillingly) :( 

M@C
38 minutes ago, ateotia said:

hey @Kitcat, yup looks like yours is processing in ottawa. No progress on my application, the wait continues on! (unwillingly) :( 

Hey @ateotia have you not yet received PPR what's taking them so long, and have any of the others on the WhatsApp group received PPR?

Kitcat

So sorry you’re waiting so long. Hope the wait will be worthwhile with some good news very soon.